Blessings

Old 09-04-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Blessings

This is something completely off of what we normally post but I wanted to share the joy in finding sheets for my son's bed at Target for only 7 bucks.

When do you ever find anything in that store for that low? LOL.

Anywho, the purpose of the post is that I have learned to embrace these little moments in life and realize how blessed I am and how far I have come.

We often post about our addicts and forget to take a moment and absorb those tiny little blessings we have daily.

Please share what your tiny blessing was today. I'm sure some of you can make others laugh. ENJOY!
Old 09-05-2009, 03:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Taking time to stop and count my blessings keeps me on a good path.

My blessing yesterday was walking along the bay watching the geese practice their takeoffs and landings with the new generation and seeing that the swan signets had grown almost to adult size. A double blessing because these are things I would never have notices when I was distracted by my codependency and all the chaos.

Today I will watch for special blessings that magically appear when I least expect them.

Great deal on your son's bed and another sign that our needs are always met.

Hugs
Old 09-05-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I gave the last two sweet puppies I have away to good homes today. (Now, my new neighbor, who called the pound on them, can rest easy and leave me alone. That will be a blessing, too!)

Another blessing is spending time at a family cookout over the holiday weekend. It's at
the lake where lots of friends will be also.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My son, who is 5, woke up this morning and told me he needed 100 bucks for his birthday. I asked him what would he do with all that money. He told me,"While you are sleeping, I can go shopping mommy." I love this age.

These are the moments I treasure and cherish.

Ann, you are right. When we get the moment to step away from the chaos we have the moment to open our eyes and count our blessings. I hope others will find the strength to post here and share their blessings.

Thanks to those who have. We deserve to do this for ourselves.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Those are the moments we live for. Thanks for sharing.

LOL at smoking something... At least it's healthy and good for ya.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can you believe my blessing is a chocolate bar???

That's right. I like to treat myself to a chocolate bar when I've been especially good on my healthy eating and have been getting my exercise. I've lost another few pounds and have wanted my favorite high-cal treat, a Mr. Goodbar...a jumbo Mr. Goodbar. I have been to every store since I moved, and I tell you I can't find one to save me. Either it's the most favorite chocolate in the county, or they just don't know a good thing enough to stock the shelves with it.

I had given up hope when I stopped into a new grocery store in town. I had been hearing it's quite upscale with all the bells and whistles. It was packed and I was moving from aisle to aisle to avoid the bustle and wound up standing right in the candy aisle...right in front of the jumbo candies.. and there at my 5'3" face level was my prize!

I hadn't realized I had broken out into a smile until a man passing said "I wish someone was that happy to see me."

Oh, and it was delicious and well worth the wait.

Alice
Old 09-06-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My blessing is that a book I've been waiting to read is finally out!!! Sad I know, but I'm a total book worm!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My blessing today is what I call one of God's strangely wrapped gifts. When my husband went out to go to work today (overtime), a tire was flat on his car so he called and told me he took mine, leaving me with no car until Tuesday as Monday is a holiday and everything is closed.

So where is the blessing in this, you ask? I decided the errands I was going to run today could wait until later in the week and I took a long walk along the water just enjoying the beauty and exercise and filled a bag with pine cones from the huge trees here to make some Christmas decorations. I met a lady who just moved to the condo complex and she walked half way with me and I found we have a lot in common and this may be the beginning of a new friendship. All blessings I would have missed if the car didn't have a flat tire.

And, bonus, I was planning to go out of town Tuesday to visit a friend and because the dealership doesn't open until Tuesday I changed the visit to Wednesday instead of leaving very late. Shortly after changing the visit, which worked just fine for my friend, I saw an "open house" announcement for Tuesday afternoon featuring an opportunity I may be interested in. If the car didn't have a flat tire, I would miss that.

So sometimes our blessings do come strangely wrapped. I have learned that whenever life hands me an obstacle, there IS a gift in there somewhere that will be revealed when I am ready to see it.

Hope you all have many blessings in your life today.

Hugs
Old 09-06-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post

So sometimes our blessings do come strangely wrapped. I have learned that whenever life hands me an obstacle, there IS a gift in there somewhere that will be revealed when I am ready to see it.

Hugs
This is so true Ann. Sometimes when I'm so frustrated with an obstacle in MY way, I have to take a few steps back and ask why am I being tested at this moment. Sometimes, it's not even a test or a big deal.

My blessing today... I went to visit BF in rehab and not one complaint or whine came from him. Believe me, I was waiting for it but not one. :
Old 09-06-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
Can you believe my blessing is a chocolate bar???

That's right. I like to treat myself to a chocolate bar when I've been especially good on my healthy eating and have been getting my exercise. I've lost another few pounds and have wanted my favorite high-cal treat, a Mr. Goodbar...a jumbo Mr. Goodbar. I have been to every store since I moved, and I tell you I can't find one to save me. Either it's the most favorite chocolate in the county, or they just don't know a good thing enough to stock the shelves with it.

I had given up hope when I stopped into a new grocery store in town. I had been hearing it's quite upscale with all the bells and whistles. It was packed and I was moving from aisle to aisle to avoid the bustle and wound up standing right in the candy aisle...right in front of the jumbo candies.. and there at my 5'3" face level was my prize!

I hadn't realized I had broken out into a smile until a man passing said "I wish someone was that happy to see me."

Oh, and it was delicious and well worth the wait.

Alice
Alice, I will search for those jumbo Mr. Goodbar's for ya. If I find one, I will IM you right away with the store.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Anvil, the steam cleaning thing was your idea. LOL.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just don't smoke the mutt. LOL