my wife is getting out

Old 09-04-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my wife is getting out

I would like to thank everyone on this site for their insight. My wife is getting out of rehab and heading to a halfway house. I am ok with this and I have figured some things out along the way.

I know I love my wife. I dont know if she loves me back right now and that is OK.

I love my job. I am in sales and I enjoy what I do. She has no control over that.

I think she is doing better, but is having problems with the guilt and shame. She may never get over this, and thats OK. I cant help her with that.

I know what direction my life will take me. Will she come along, I dont know, and I cant make her. I wont even try to persuade her.

I found a pastor I can talk to and relate to. It is awsome. She cant take my faith and no one can.

I am trying to be supportive, while not enableing. This is hard for me, but I am a fast learner LOL. She still wants me to do things for her and I wont. If she shows me she can be alone, and self supportive I will let her back in with open arms. I will not sacrafice my life for her, and I dont expect her to either. I am at peace and life is cool. How long will I wait for her? Cant answer that, If and when that day comes I will know it in my heart and I will let go. Hurt now Hurt later, whats the difference LOL.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Thanks for sharing leznew. From your post it sounds like we are in similar places. Good for you. Nice news like this lifts my heart.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What about checking out an Alanon meeting?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Is it hot here or am I crazy?

Hey leznew,

Good for YOU. You sound like a sensible, self-assured man. I truly wish the best of success for you - in all aspects of your future.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I went to an alanon meeting. It was ok, but I would prefer to talk to my pastor who is a PHD, and has a background in substance abuse. If I feel like I need alanon I know where to find it. Thanks.