Notices

Been here, then been there, can't do it without support

Old 09-04-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jh1

Been here, then been there, can't do it without support

I was here after a scare last december and went sober for about 2 months then even though my big scare went back to it. I thought talking on here and me admitting my problem was enough...not really. It's so intricate and so unique to each person though it's yet so identifiable to each because most of us end up demonstrating similar behaviors. Well, after awhile i thought you know, I'm 27, I'm young, I have controlled this for awhile, but when friends get around and fun times come up you let yourself say with just a smile "yea ill have a bru". Next thing i know like 2/3 days later im just trying to remember things-because im a crazy drinker once i get started.

Well since then I have had ups and downs. I got big time into the gym and made that a goal-to push the body in a positive way instead of negative-but in doing that i think i hurt it also. Well the good thing i can say is i consistently go 2/3 weeks now without touching a drink-when i do though it ends up in a 2/3 day binger-ha, probably something we all know about. The other thing is I have been taking creatine which is a muscle/gym supplement while drinking-even when i do bingers. Now, I've stopped creatine completely but realize my urine is so bubbly and usually very concetrated (yellow). I'm feeling really nervous

I think even though i've cut down my drinking times to maybe 2 weeks for a binge-that the addition of creatine has made it worse. And alcohol wise I think I know deep down when i do have the 2/3 day binge ill drink a ton. Like no lie-i know this can be regular thing and i just want to get perspective but I'd buy a fifth of vodka take it down with some hard cocktails and then have a few beers. Thus leading to my blackout stage which was habitual in college. I know i still have a problem and seriously my progression is weird because i just went up to like 20 something days without it but when it hits of course it hits....well just wanted to tell a little update and see if anyone knows anything about the ****....Im pretty positive though its a kidney-i mean all the signs are there-bubbly pee, hurts more in the back when i breathe sometimes...Idk its just weird this **** all started more when i was on creatine NOT when i was drinking more-cuz i used to drink a lot more. IDK thanks for reading and you know what guys/gals I love people on this site for admitting things-this world is made up of people who can't admit to things. Honestly, thoughtfulness, generosity-all traits ive seen by everyone i know on this site. Oh **** its my b-day ha. well anyways, i sincerely wish u all luck and know that some can come thru and that i hopefully will. Being an alcho does not mean ur a bad person-actually most of the time were great!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I hope you will take yourself to the doctor as a birthday present! We're not allowed to offer medical advise on Sober Recovery. This sounds like an opportunity to get honest with your doctor about the supplements and the amount of alcohol you sometimes drink.

About honesty:
all started more when i was on creatine NOT when i was drinking more-cuz i used to drink a lot more. IDK thanks for reading and you know what guys/gals I love people on this site for admitting things

When you are ready to honestly admit that alcoholism is progressive, we'll be here to support you in your recovery!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I suggest you check with your doctor re the way your urine looks
and the pain you are experiencing. Always best to know
and then you can decide what to do if treatment is needed.

Alcohol is harnful to all organs ..it's a toxic liquid.
That's true for every drinker...not only alcoholics.

Good to see you here with us again...
Old 09-04-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Go see a doctor, let him decide if your problem is due to binge drinking or the createne.

Either way it may be a good idea to honestly take a look at your drinking.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have cycled creatine on and off for years and never had any problems. Basically it pulls water into your muscles giving you the pumped looked. You have to drink loads of water because it dehydrates you.
As an alcoholic and a gym addict, I am sure its the alcohol causing your problems not the creatine.
BUT CHECK WITH YOUR DOC
Old 09-04-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by jh1 View Post

...because im a crazy drinker once i get started...
Regardless of whats going on with you physically, sooner or later you need to address this issue.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

As others have said, I hope you talk to your dr about your health and your kidney problems.

There is lots of support here, so keep reading and posting.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back
I agree with everyone else JH1...please see a doctor.

D