Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Off topic - starting to get this boundary thingie you all talk about...

Off topic - starting to get this boundary thingie you all talk about...

Old 09-02-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thumbs up Off topic - starting to get this boundary thingie you all talk about...

Hey I know I said bye and here I am again, honestly things look so much in a certain way that I need your constant reminders of what is true

Its so hard to talk to people now, I have realized I have changed a lot... and I can't keep relating with people that are not in this city, so I guess I need to become more social and try to make new friends over here or cultivate the odd people I find more in tune with me.

Anyway I wanted to share something with you, yesterday I worked from a remote site (realized how RELAXED, happy and concentrated I was knowing ex was not around, man I wonder when this indifference arrives??? WHEN? LOL) and it was a small space.

A coworker was on a personal call for 2 HOURS. He was shouting. It was OBVIOUS everyone was hearing. Who said something among the 40/50-year-old guys over there...? guess who had the guts to say "hey buddy calm down, keep quiet" ?

No one... it seems the permanent ones out there, are all used to him being that way. Or do not have work to do.

Well I was on a stressful call and was fed up, trying to concentrate and having someone saying bad words and being a TOTAL JERK so I looked up his managers name and sent him an email saying he was preventing the succesful completion of my job and was not professional... I guess the manager mentioned it because he was silent the rest of the afternoon. Looked angry. LOL

Obviously the coworkers that are there permanently gossiped about it... and they know it was either me or other 2 visitors.... before I would have shut up.. in fact I started rationalizing saying "oh, I will be here only today..." but now it was so obvious my boundary was being broken!! And I dont care about what others think... I am not the one affecting others!

I feel good about it and wanted to say inner work has helped me in my job too, I realized I was a doormat without faith in myself and now I know better.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amazing how recovery works in all areas of a persons life.....

Sounds like you handled it in a way that was safe for you and respectful of him... well done in my opinion. I hate having to listen to other peoples personal issues in that type of a situation. I have a friend who does not think twice about calling out her husband and he is so disrespectful to her as well.... I dont see much of them anymore because I dont like being uncomfortable in that situation....

Taking care of myself these days..... and it feels good
Old 09-03-2009, 03:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very well doneTC. You stood up and protected your work area when it was being overtaken by outside interference, and did it so quietly and efficiently.

Be very proud of yourself.

God bless
Old 09-03-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think this is very much on topic, my dear! Part of recovery, for me, is learning to apply what I have learned in all areas of my life.

I'm proud of you! :ghug2
Old 09-08-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Today a coworker said that the group on that remote site was stressed and planning to report ME :rotfxko report me for what? trying to work?

He said they were wondering who told this jerk's manager (they thought it was my team lead) and they were surprised to know it was me..

Yes, just because I have a sweet face that does not mean I am a doormat at least not as of September 2009

So far they have been "scared" not knowing "who is watching" and who is going to complain to their other managers :rotfxko

And that "I should have" (don't you love that phrase) talked to the jerk directly instead of going to his manager... yeah right, because someone like that can listen and use logic... where have I seen this before I wonder????????????
Old 09-08-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

See how far you've come? Me? I'd have yelled, "Hey a$$hole...quite down over there!" over the partition. :/
Old 09-08-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Still waters you should have seen the scene, it was almost like a party, seems they do not have much work to do!!

I would have "let it go" but that was a specially hard day for my team !! AND I drove an hour or so so I was already fed up lol (although in Mex city that would have been a really short trip!)

Next time I will just keep my boundary to myself to avoid the workplace drama and my lesson is learned
Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would also point out that it is not you position to supervise, so you followed procedure and let the manager handle it.