Question

Old 08-27-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question

My AH's brother is a drug addict. He is addicted to pain pills and heroin. When his parents found out they sent him to a rehab in another state. They spent around 40,000 on that rehab. Now they are paying that loan and don't have much money for themselves. When he came back from rehab he relapsed 3 days later by stealing Tylenol with codeine from our house. He never apologized everyone pretty much went on with things as nothing ever happened. He was still using and living with my nlaws. Finally, one of the other brothers found a can that he I guess cooked the heroin on and needles in his room along with a ring and slips from a pawn shop.
Come to find out he stole the ring from our house and we had money and a leaf blower missing as well, but he wouldn't admit he stole it so we still aren't 100% sure.

Anyway, his parents finally kicked him out. He ended up going to rehab in another state that I guess doesn't cost anything unless you can pay (I don't get this, but whatever) He supposedly got a job as I guess a parking guy that takes the money from cars to park in the lot. Supposedly he got beat up and 500.00 of that money taken from him while he was working that was a random crime. I know he got beat up, but don't believe it was a random crime. I think he either owed money for drugs or a drug deal went bad.

Anyhow, he is coming into town this weekend and my mother-n-law wants us to come out for dinner and bring the kids. I don't want to. I don't think I could even look him in the eye. I don't believe he is off the drugs and either does my sis-n-law. My concern is there might be a fight between the brothers and the kids will be there and they don't need to be exposed to that.
My AH thinks I am being a big "B" because of this.

Any comments or thoughts?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

No is a complete sentence.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

Ditto. Absolutely no..
Old 08-27-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
No is a complete sentence.
Thanks! Exacatly what I was thinking!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
is it too late to call in my vote???

nope. excellent chance to start working on your retreat from the whole lot of em!
Great way of putting it! I am retreating from the whole lot of them!
Mother-n- aw is a enabler, father-n-law is a alcoholic, 2 brothers drug addicts, and one brother and enabler to his wife's addictions. Hmmm...when I type this out I actually see something I've never seen before.

I REALLY am breaking away from this unhealthy stuff!

Thanks to all of you!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I loooooooooooove lightbulb moments!