Notices

Two newbie questions...

Old 08-24-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two newbie questions...

(1) how do you do the online chat/meetings here?
(2) Do people get sick of the whinning and pleas for help? I feel bad coming on here in crisis.

Finally...I REALLY want to drink a bottle of wine tonight. This has been one of the strongest urges I have had since I stopped drinking. I have had several stressors and triggers and I have that put in my chest that I know wine solves.

I really miss my friend Merlot tonight.

Thanks,
Lindsya
Old 08-24-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

look at that menu bar on top, says "User CP", "Blogs" and so on.. over to the right side, there's one that says "Chat Room". Click it.. I use the "float" option so it opens a new window. The meetings are every once in a while, but mostly it's just open chat. Come on in!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome

Flutter answered question 1.

So question 2. No not at all. That's one of the many things this site is for especially if your in crisis

So feel free to say what's on your mind
Old 08-24-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi wantthatfeeling

I hope Flutter answered question #1 for you.
As for #2, like Cap Spalding says, it's what we're here for

So...post!
D
Old 08-24-2009, 08:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You help us as much as we (try to) help you... You'll see, it's part of the recovery process...

Your friend Merlot, well, (s)he turned on you...

Mark
Old 08-24-2009, 08:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have had several stressors and triggers and I have that put in my chest that I know wine solves. I really miss my friend Merlot tonight.
I hope you went to bed
Wine solves nothing, and Merlot is not your friend, Lindsay.

D
Old 08-24-2009, 11:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Merlot is your friend? Change your thinking. "Friends" DON'T make you embarrass yourself, blackout, ****/**** yourself, puke, get depressed, embarrass your family, get in trouble with the law, etc.

Alcohol is not a friend.

And BTW, when you need support and are in a crisis is the BEST time to come here for support!!

Stay strong!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome!!! Glad you found us

We support each other in part by sharing what is going on...
Old 08-25-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wantthatfeeling View Post
(1) how do you do the online chat/meetings here?
(2) Do people get sick of the whinning and pleas for help? I feel bad coming on here in crisis.

Finally...I REALLY want to drink a bottle of wine tonight. This has been one of the strongest urges I have had since I stopped drinking. I have had several stressors and triggers and I have that put in my chest that I know wine solves.

I really miss my friend Merlot tonight.

Thanks,
Lindsya
Sometimes logic is the best way to go about it. As I see it you have two choices:

1. Drink that bottle of wine, get drunk, suppress your misery and have to deal with your misery, stressors and triggers while feeling miserable and hungover. And the misery will be more powerful after the high is gone.

2. Don't drink the wine, give all your alcohol to a friend, and approach your misery, stressors and triggers head on (with a therapist or whoever you confide in. I'd recommend an addiction counselor) with a clear mind and a shame-free, guilt-free conscience.

The decision of which one makes more logical sense is up to you. If you did decide to drink or do in the future, just know there's a place here for you and all your whining. This is a rough time, but we're all here to support your way out of this. You have to believe you can stay sober.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

WOW! What amazing responses. Thank you! I was one of the worst places I have been in last night. I did go to sleep and did NOT drink. Thank you...it was really hard to feel that way. I am going to come back to this thread anytime I struggle.

I hope you all have a fantastic day and know that you have made a HUGE difference in my life. Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Here goes...

1.....Whats chat?.......

2...i dont think anyone has got a problem with supporting you or others when times are difficult..

BUT..........sometimes it might be an answer you dont wanna hear..

as long as your openminded enough to except different opinions and views...all good support just coming from different takes...and thats the best support imo...and remember we all use different "ways" to stay sober.

ive had some difficult times recently...unrelated to alcoholism and ive found alot of comfort in some of the replys.....

its great to have friends..............