Are more learning their lessons?

Old 08-22-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Wink Are more learning their lessons?

I have noticed that for the past several months there are less new threads. I hope that means that more people are getting it.

Some of us never learn. I know I am one of them. If the times were not so trying I would just up and leave and I am sure I would probably be better off than I am now.

I want to be close to my mom and my son. Mom's health is failing and she is the primary care giver to my autistic nephew and I want to be there for him and her if I am needed.

My son has worked so hard to get his wife into the country and I do want to be there for them in any way that I can. His wife is home sick as she has never been away from her family and I am sure it is a shock for her. Being around her is a real delight she is smart, pretty and has a good sense of humor and I can certainly see why my son loves her. Her family has drug issues too and I pray that she and my son can stay in a healthy place at least spiritually and mentally so that they do not fall into addictions trap.

I feel li I have grown to be more accepting of other peoples ways than I was before. I no longer spend so much energy hoping to affect a change in someone who has a drug problem. The consequence seems to be that the bad stuff is not so blatantly put in my face hummm..... maybe cause I don't look so hard for it anymore.

I have seen a lot of growth here. I want to congratulate all the ones who have have understood what they needed to do and did it in spite of the pain. My prayer list is so long that it takes me almost 30 minutes to say all the names on it here. I don't say all the names every time I pray but I try to say them all at least once a week. I do have an "urgent list" when I see someone who is in bad distress I add their name to the UL so that I will be sure to say their name every day. Not having a job gives me more time and energy to pray. I am proud of myself for the way I have organized my prayer list and am able keep it updated. It gives me a sense of purpose.:praying

Here is hoping that everyone that comes here does learn something. Thanks for reading this.

your friend,

Lisa
Old 08-22-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have seen a lot of growth here. I want to congratulate all the ones who have have understood what they needed to do and did it in spite of the pain.

I too have noticed that Splendra. These women and men should be proud of their strength. Addiction takes its toll on all of us. Gentle hugs to you.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Splendra)))
You're on MY prayer list.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can't see myself learning all the lessons HP has for me any time soon. Some days I am a bit more verbose about what I've learned thus far, though. LOL!

One day I hope I will start living in my recovery rather than pursuing it, but that is when I hope I will have more to offer by experience, support, and hope to those working their way through the fog to see them to the other side.

Knowing you are making your list and checking it twice gives me a certain peace, Splendra. For all of those on that list, I say a warm thank you for your devotion and heart!!!

A little SR love from
Alice
Old 08-22-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi ItsmeAlice-

"One day I hope I will start living in my recovery rather than pursuing it, but that is when I hope I will have more to offer by experience, support, and hope to those working their way through the fog to see them to the other side."

I completely agree with your quote! These words describe me to a "T" so your not alone
Old 08-22-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Callie)))back at cha

Hey (((Diane))) I think you are either first or second on my list we've walked together for a long time now....

((((Alice))))) I see that you have grown much in the time I have known you.

((((((flipfloplover))))) give yourself some credit you have come thru a lot in 4 years. Ride up on out of that yucky place come on now girl...it is not worth loosing you. I got you on my urgent list.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I actually read all my posts this am. My goodness how much better of a place I am in now than when I arrived at SR. Still working at it however. Still stressful times, but the good days certainly outlive the bad days.

Thanks!!!!!! Hugs Splendra!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Well I am a hard headed one that's for sure I let my dad brand me on that one. I get just an intsy bit mad at myself when I think of all the simplicity of my lessons.

and...

why....

I could not see ...

That wall that I was banging my head against

It gives me a head ache.

I have to be kind and gentle not only with myself but also with the ones I have hurt and not let guilt back in so I can really learn my lessons.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Splendra, I missed this when first posted but join you in sharing the joy of so many people here who are getting the hang of living well in spite of how our addicts are doing.

You have always been a huge inspiration to me. Even though you have been in the thick of addiction for a long time, you stopped owning it a long time ago and you are a shining example of how we can live well and let go of the chaos, whether the addict is still in our lives or long gone. Recovery is about US and I am grateful that most of what I have learned serves me well in ALL areas of my life and all relationship.s

So take a big hug from me and know that you are in my daily prayers also (and have also hit my "emergency" prayers more than once, LOL). Poor God, sometimes I just say "God, You might want to put down what You're doing and take a look at this" and I know in my heart that He does. God's used to me by now and I think sometimes I am His daily chuckle.

We've walked together a long time too and I feel blessed to be able to share this journey with you.

Hugs
Old 09-04-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by Ann
So take a big hug from me and know that you are in my daily prayers also (and have also hit my "emergency" prayers more than once, LOL). Poor God, sometimes I just say "God, You might want to put down what You're doing and take a look at this" and I know in my heart that He does. God's used to me by now and I think sometimes I am His daily chuckle.
I believe with many people that God is in everyone. One of my friends said to me "I bet God has a good time being you" I could say that to you as well ((((((Ann)))))). I am sure Gods has to laugh at us sometimes too. I laugh at myself all the time. I come here so I can tell jokes ya know.