He's dropped off the face of the earth again...

Old 08-22-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's dropped off the face of the earth again...

My XAH has vanished again it seems.

Our divorce was final in April, and the judge presented his ruling on property division the last of July. My X was most anxious to "get his money" - even if it meant displacing his family. But there is still waiting to do, paperwork to complete, and it seems this delay was difficult for him. His atty can't locate him.

Neither of his sons have heard from him either... and I have noticed that the child support payments that are garnished from his wages have stopped. Nothing in the last month. I am assuming he's been fired.

I am guessing he's fallen off the wagon again, and is actively drinking. This is the only plausible reason for the silence. While it complicates the progress of the settlement, it may turn out to be very beneficial to us. As for him, I don't much care what happens to him as I haven't had any feelings for him for a long, long time.

I do find frustration in settling this business - and the fact that he still has an influence, in some small way — in my day to day life. Soon that will cease.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I hope it all gets finalized for you soon, I understand the need to have things finished.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

As for him, I don't much care what happens to him as I haven't had any feelings for him for a long, long time.
I can understand why you feel this way from your stories in the shoes you have walked.

In the shoes i have walked in with my stbxah I would care but it would be sadness for him, not me, and of course we are past an "us." I would have some anger for my kids. Not resentment holding, just the righteous anger that would come and then go. (practice this already of course)