Notices

Second Weekend

Old 08-22-2009, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Second Weekend

Well for me it's day 13 and we are now well into the weekend. Last weekend I worried as weekends are when I invariably cave in.. I made sure that I had things planned for each day. I have done the same this weekend.

Things are ticking along nicely presently. Tinnitus is much worse (might be a blood pressure or stress thing). The other thing I have noticed 13 days in is that I have got unbelievably fatiqued early evening. I am fine and dandy during the day. Lots of energy but, wow!, how I go down hill from five onwards. Last three nights I have been in bed for half past ten. That would never have happened in my drinking days! Anybody else have experience of this?

Thanks for all your support. I make it a habit to check in here everyday.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,

Do you mind me asking if you were a binge drinker or a daily drinker and for how long, this is because i have been told and read this can determin how long certain and what symptoms can last.

Good luck for the future
Old 08-22-2009, 02:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by robbo78 View Post
Hi,

Do you mind me asking if you were a binge drinker or a daily drinker and for how long, this is because i have been told and read this can determin how long certain and what symptoms can last.

Good luck for the future
Both. Sometimes just a bottle of wine an night. Some nights none. Some nights three bottles of wine. But pretty much smashed at least twice a week and steady inbetween. Caught it in time before the chronic stage I hope.

Cheers.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I experienced both of these symptoms in early sobriety. The ringing in the ears is the worst.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
catch-22

it will get better... after two weeks, my energy levels started to improve and I could read a book in bed unitl 1pm!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ZM2

It is day 15 for me. [addict] weekends were a big problem for me too. I used to refer to them as "the dragon". As if i were going into battle i would say to myself "will i slay the dragon or will it devour me". Ive been crushing that "dragon" here lately and i hope to keep it up.

Thank you for describing one of your methods. "Planning". This is something i can improve at. Even though I'm not using/working the steps/ living life on life's terms , i am still kinda "wingin it" from day to day without having planned my day out ahead of time.

so again thanx ... that really jumped out at me.