My letter to that jerk at work who depletes you.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My letter to that jerk at work who depletes you.

Dear (insert jerk-persons name)

I don’t know what your problem is but what i do know is that it is your problem and your problem alone.

What I know is that I like the people here and they generally like me because I am me and that’s it.

What I know is that you are not something I think about for any length of time because I like to spend my time thinking about things that I like.

What I know is that I go home to live in a great house with a great girl who gives me hugs and two fluffy cats who adore the ground I walk on and I can call up my partner who cherishes me or one of the people in my circle of friends who nourish me with love and support anytime I need. Clouds will only ever partially cloud my view of the Sun so I now know to be thankful for the winds of change. W hat I know is that try as you may you have no power over me.

What I know is that I’m going in the right direction and even if I can sometimes be a bit shaky it’s just because I am humble enough to admit I don’t know everything but I know I don’t need to. I may not be “happy” as you persist in asking daily but I know it’s ok if someone isn’t happy and it’s not my business to interfere with people’s lives and try to make them happy because this is a form of control and manipulation and I don’t do that sort of thing. I live and let others do the same unless it impinges on my rights. I know that is why I am a greater success in my own eyes each day and that and that alone is my business.

Lastly I want to thankyou. Perhaps you think I resent you or that I even hate you but really I want to thankyou because you make me stronger, you teach me the value of being kind, of minding my own business, of pursuing my dreams. Knowing you has made me realise how good my life is....without you. Damn, that feels good. Thankyou. Your daily attitude towards me only strengthens my resolve to keep on keeping on in spite of people like you being on my lovely green planet. All the best.

Love
your enemy,

(insert name of your wonderful self here)

***Thankyou recovery for being a part of my fabulous awakening into this***
Old 08-18-2009, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

*clap clap clap clap* Bravo!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wow, that's a great letter. Lots of recovery in there.

so, are you going to send that letter or is it to go in the "God box" ?

Mike
Old 08-18-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I don't have a "God box" but it is going into the ether which I guess is my way of saying ther same thing. Good to write and release my stuff but I wouldn't compromise my work position.

*bows to applause* lol
Old 08-22-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That was awesome. Sounds like something that could be framed and hung on a wall.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for this! I love it. I would like to address it to someone at my workplace too!