Notices

As the dust settles..

Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

As the dust settles..

As a newbie here, I have received so much encouragement and inspiration from you all. I know that if I hadn't had you to reach out to yesterday, that I very well could have been starting at day one today.

But I'm not. I'm starting day 15 instead. (Ben & Jerry's Chocolate HeathBar Crunch helped, too!) So today, I will update my resume', get printer ink and print out a bunch of them, post some online and see who bites!

I am also going to check into the community college to see what they have to offer as far as helping me in my pursuit of my heart's longing. It's time for me to put away my fear of failure. I never finished school because of it. I have paid the price for not following my heart and have been in an industry that no longer fills the void for me spiritually.

I'm brushing off the dust, listening to my heart, and am going to live today sober so I can drink in all the goodness, not the wine.

Stay strong today.
Blessed Be
Old 08-17-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Excellent ideas....Good for you!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your progress, Lastthird When we break the cycle of addiction, we're no longer slaves - we can do anything and everything we desire. Glad to see you're embracing your freedom
Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Great positive upbeat post.

Keep coming back, that kind of attitude rubs off on others!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lastthird View Post
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate HeathBar Crunch helped, too!
thank god for ice cream— I probably wouldn't be sober without it
Old 08-17-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, and yes, Ice Cream rocks!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm another one for Ice Cream LOL
(I wish we had Ben and Jerrys where I live )

Great post lastthird - thank you

D
Old 08-17-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
(I wish we had Ben and Jerrys where I live )
OMG no ben and jerry's you have to move or you better have some really good australian brand, there is this SF brand Mitchell's and they have this flavor called Grasshopper pie and it is like mintchip but with fudge and oreos added. It is seriously the best ever. I actually think Mitchell's is my favorite ice cream ever. Ok. Back to serious stuff.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

That's great, just getting back into life like that. That's strength. You turned that situation around fast, and now you're on to bigger and better... I wish you success wherever you go.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lastthird View Post
As a newbie here, I have received so much encouragement and inspiration from you all. I know that if I hadn't had you to reach out to yesterday, that I very well could have been starting at day one today.

But I'm not. I'm starting day 15 instead. (Ben & Jerry's Chocolate HeathBar Crunch helped, too!) So today, I will update my resume', get printer ink and print out a bunch of them, post some online and see who bites!

I am also going to check into the community college to see what they have to offer as far as helping me in my pursuit of my heart's longing. It's time for me to put away my fear of failure. I never finished school because of it. I have paid the price for not following my heart and have been in an industry that no longer fills the void for me spiritually.

I'm brushing off the dust, listening to my heart, and am going to live today sober so I can drink in all the goodness, not the wine.

Stay strong today.
Blessed Be
Go for it! you are a very important special person, you were born for a reason, now is your time for you the sky's the limit. Oh and very well done for getting to day 15 i am on day 2 i have a problem with wine too, l together we will beat it
Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

15 days is awesome, I love ice cream, but hot soft chocolat chip cookies in my book are the BOMB!!!!

Sobriety is freedom.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Wait, SFGirl, why is ice cream not serious? Can I nominate it to be? I feel it's important to my sobriety. He- maybe I'm just sick of coffee joints. And mint chocolate with oreos and fudge should have a distributor south of Bakersfield, no?

Lastthird, you continue to be my hero. Keep on doing whatever it is you do. Sooner or later, you'll be a multimillionaire or the equivalent for it, and I'll be better off too... I'll get this sooner or later.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Way to go lastthird! Sweets are definetly a LOT more rewarding than the hangovers/guilt/shame/etc that accompanies drinking my solution was M&Ms pounds and pounds of them (I bought them in 4lb bags at least twice a week!) but it worked for me! now I just occassionally reward myself with a small piece of chocolate.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ice cream always makes everything better. Except waist line and tushes.