Another weekend commeth...

Old 09-04-2003, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Another weekend commeth...

Yes here comes another fun filled weekend with my weekend warrior and this one involves a big cook out/pig roast Saturday and football on Sunday...OH JOY to the world right?

Mr. President of the club has worked for months to bring this huge event together and has devoted more time and energy to it than he has in say the past 6 months to just about anything else but after all...it's for the club!

I unfortunately committed myself to taking care of the children's table aka face painting, crafts and what not but at least I only committed to about 4 hours in the middle of the afternoon, so that I can round up the children and get them out of there before the booze starts to kick in on all of his cronies OH and him.
As usual, he'll work his butt off all morning cleaning, preparing and organizing and by noon, I'm sure he'll be ready for his first cold one which by nightfall...or whenever the beer runs out...I may see him by early Sunday morning. Alas! Yet another test of my faith in my higher power and my abilty to find peace of mind in the middle of all of this but I will give it my all and pray very hard that it's not too soon for me to handle this one.

BUT....then there's the Sunday football tailgating breakfast which then turns into a fantasy football meeting at noon at guess where??? YEP! The BAR! However, I have already made plans to meet with my friends for lunch on Sunday and hang out with them at the mall for few hours!

Well, I am human and although I may still deep down wish he'd put this much time and effort into something for us as a family, I understand that I am powerless over this and must do my best to stay with my program and be strong and one of my favorite al-anon family groups meets on Saturday night so I can get a good shot of support and faith in myself!

God bless you all for being here and I'm sure I'll be around this weekend...hopefully with many positive thoughts!
Old 09-04-2003, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi LongStrangeTrip,
That is a splendid idea to be in charge of the childrens table and then get out early! And good for you to make plans and enjoy yourself while he is doing HIS thing. If I had done that more years ago I would have been so much happier!! I learned alittle late but better late than never. Good luck and enjoy your weekend.

take care,
matters
Old 09-05-2003, 03:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LST,

Sounds like you are making the best of it. Face painting Saturday afternoon, al-anon meeting Saturday night and the lunch with the girls on Sunday!!

I know sometimes the weekends seem to never end, but we should look forward to them and our plans as much as they look forward to theirs. Fortunately I have my children to go watch play football/basketball on Saturday. It takes most of the day, but this weekend my dad is coming too. That always makes for a stressful weekend. Two alcoholics in one house.......we are celebrating his birthday and watching a football game. (I love football, so it is something that I love to do)

I hope that your face painting is a blast, enjoy the kids! They will think you are the greatest! Face painting means a lot to them.
Best of luck and enjoy that luncheon!

Blessings
Constant
Old 09-07-2003, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, I made it through the weekend, temper and plans in tact!

I'm hanging tough and feel a little tired from the activities but followed my plans and all is well with me.

It feels good too.