Notices

trying to figure it out

Old 08-15-2009, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question trying to figure it out

I had to find out if I had a problem..I have been on lortab for 2 yrs for a seriouse back issue. I had surgery 4 wks and noticed myself taking alot more than I should have..So I got worried and scared that I may have a problem. I have friend that are recovering with methadone and new the clinic and called and spoke with someone. I told them I wanted to cold turkey it but just in case I couldnt they gave me all the info i would need to them..

Well, i has been 52 hrs(Im counting) and so far nothing much other than some anxiety and of course pain. Being so afraid now Im thinking instead of going back one the meds , having them put me on something different.

Im not sure im not an addict but obviously my body has determined i need it or it wouldnt withdrawl right? Im lost and not sure exactly what I am dealln with..
Old 08-15-2009, 08:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi timsbabygirl

I'm not familiar with Lortabs but I wanted to welcome you to SR. I'm sure other members will be along with their experience shortly.

We also have a substance abuse forum you maybe interested in
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 08-15-2009, 08:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You might find helpful info on pain management
on the sticky posts here

Recovery and Pain Management - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I certainly hope your surgery will ease your discomfort.

Welcome to SR...
Old 08-15-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Taking more medication than indicated by the precipitation is an old practice for me. Good that your looking into what can be a serious problem if that practice continues. I recommended having a good talk with your prescribing Dr. It could be that a medical detox is called fore.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

How is the back pain without the medications?

Keep coming back.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Doing OK

Actually, its really bad but im not going to give in to it. Some ibuprophen and tylenol and staying in bed is just going to have to do it. So far so good. The withdrawl isnt to intolerable. Im hoping I am just scaring myself with a problem before it becomes one. I have a sister in law that has a pill issue and its always scared me being on them.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. I am not sure if withdrawal is necessarily indicitive of addiction. Dependence yes, addiction maybe/maybe not. Glad you are here. Check out the stuff on the management (which is tricky). Hope you find what you are looking for. Best.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Unhappy wow

Ok.. 4th day. Im not doing very well. This is the worst yet. Im trying very hard. Between the pain and no sleep Im not sure what end is up. I know that withdrawl can make you think you hurt more than you do, but does anyone really know how much longer this takes? Im sure it is different for everyone but maybe an estimate? Im so tense and annxious. even a tylenol PM only let me sleep for 30 min. Anyone have any suggestions?