Quick update, :) !

Old 08-14-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool Quick update, :) !

Hi friends first of all THANKS TO ALL OF YOU for all your support.

Today I feel GREAT! After the last thread I gave myself more chance to enjoy MY life and what I do have and its been really satisfying.

Yesterday I won a mango in a mango raffle, it was fun, I was having fun with some coworkers about my luck and I saw ex abf staring at me when I passed... I felt great, I knew that yes he has changed for the worse (and he was probably not that great from the start) but guess what.. I have changed too. And its really sinking that I am much better off without his addiction or MY addiction. I am realizing I am free and I am no longer sad about that but feel released and know that God took care of me and gave me the strength to leave and will keep giving me the strength to not look back anymore and shake the past off me.

I am back to my yoga, will start swimming lessons!! I am afraid of wearing bathing suits, etc but what the helll.. I don't care anymore what others think of my body and won't let that stop me... once I read about a hotel in a beach, I think its Puerto Vallarta just for women, where you do yoga and take surf lessons and I really want to go one of these years... spend 2 weeks there... JUST FOR ME. This plan gets me going!

Also I know in Dec. there will be a lot of parties and I would really like to go and look fabulous so I am playing Extreme Makeover with myself, seeing the dentist, exercising more (if you can go to dance lessons GO, I have found while dancing I just CANNOT feel sad), spending moments in meditation, cooking, at first its a drag but finally I learn to take care of myself and I am enjoying it so much I can't believe I have treated myself so badly in the past!!

Next week I am going to see my dad on a very relaxing place, so looking forward to that weekend. Next Monday it will be 4 months with a guy I'm seeing and I am planning to show up at his university and cook him a homemade pizza. We agreed on staying at a hostel in a little forest nearby in 2 weeks.

It feels great to feel myself coming back and enjoying my life more, I know many ladies here are currently suffering for their ex's and I felt horrible for months but deep down I knew there was a transformation.. all I can say is hang in there, it gets better even if it feels dark now.. you 'lose' one person but you gain so much more.... you re-gain yourself and that is priceless!

I am starting to feel I would not trade my life now for anything else and I never thought I would "come back", keep striding forward!! There is much to look forward to, this is not the end of it, its just a passing show and a preparation for a new beginning

Last edited by TakingCharge999; 08-14-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Pics of the kitty?

I mean, not that we don't care about you and all....

Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Cool

Oh I edited my message while you answered !!
I am taking my camera to repair tomorrow!!! I have not forgotten !! The 'kitty' in 3 weeks has DOUBLED its size!! WTF

LOL there is a coworker that has a fruit garden and at this time of the year brings 4,5 mangoes to work and with an Excel program, he puts the names of his friends and randomly pick the winners !!

This coworker was a team lead before, the one who told my current boss to hire me, and also supported me when he knew non-believers out there were badmouthing me about how I did not deserve this job (friends of ex I now blatantly IGNORE!).. and told me F*CK THEM U R THE BEST !! Now he gives me a mango and thanks me for my friendship, he cheered me up and witnessed all the story so, I have a really good friend there

Today we are going to have lunch in a traditional Mexican restaurant
Old 08-14-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Okay, anvil has a point.

What, exactly, is a mango raffle?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

LOL

Ah well I was already having a good day yesterday ...

Mangoes are my favorite fruit ever!

Also I have a history of winning stuff and for some reason not being able to CLAIM THE PRIZE, so when I bit my mango it was like .. FINALLY! I win something and I can actually enjoy it.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I also thought that having ex around is like an alcoholic starting recovery and spending 8 hours at a bar, so KUDOS TO ME for not asking for more hurt and manipulation
Old 08-14-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've never actually eaten a mango...

And..you have to search for a Mexican restaurant in Mexico??
Old 08-14-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

We got a lot of Starbucks, McDonalds, Burker King, KFC, Sushi Itto, Pizza hut, etc in that particular food area nearby work

This restaurant only serves one Mexican dish with some variations! they are called Flautas. Yummy if you were here I would take you there I know those Taco Bell and burrito stuff in US and it has nothing to do with Mexican food!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Let me go on with the "feel good" thread

Yesterday I was driving in my car and saw an ex's super good friend, he kind of acknowledged my existence and I gave him a really big smile!

I noticed just as I cannot control anyone they cannot control me either and cannot take away MY smile...

Brb, going for some flautas
Old 08-14-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I've had flautas, I love Mexican food - love it.

did I mention I love Mexican food?

Hey Anvil, got your passport ready :P
Old 08-14-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

You are welcome anytime, also I cook fairly tasty dishes,

Another piece of good news, thanks to some savings $$ I am now able to send some $$ to my mom on a monthly basis. I just told her and she got really happy.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hahahaha,
I, for one, can testify that Mango can change your life.
They are really that amazing! Just reading about your mango raffle made my day!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

LOL SW I don't believe it when you say you have never tasted one!

On top of the mango I LOST 2 POUNDS, I mean it can't get better than this, lol
Old 08-15-2009, 03:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)