I don't know what to do

Old 08-14-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Unhappy I don't know what to do

Okay I am going do some whining..yes I do feel kinda sorry for myself....

I've jumped at every chance I have to be able to take care of myself. The last job I thought I had, they fired me after I was there less than an hour... I didn't have the heart to tell you guys after you gave me such encouragement and said so many prayers.

My H left for about an hour then came back and begged and cried and pleaded with me to let him stay, I wanted him gone and I guess I still do. He has to stay in the trailer out side. I told him he will never get back into my bed so don't even bother to think or contemplate it. On the plus side I have seen no evidence that he is using but I really don't care if he is or not anymore. He has managed to bring in more cash than I do for a change but it is not anywhere near enough...

Basically my family and my ex-h(baby's daddy) are paying my bills. I hate it. I have never had to ask other people although they are my family to pay my way. I am not built for this I can't seem to do anything with out asking someone to help me.

I have to go to court for driving with an expired tag and I don't have the money to pay the fine so I don't know what will happen to me from that.

Every month one more thing gets cut off. I do not have a phone anymore because my mom can't afford my bill. Every bill I can get paid has to be paid on the very last day before cut off or foreclosure. I am in bankruptcy and I really regret not just walking away from this whole mess. I know all about the government telephone but I don't want it. I already am getting food stamps and I really don't want that even but hey I know I have to have food. I am thankful I have food and my garden.

I want my life back I want to work and get paid and depend on myself. I am tired of filling out an applications sending resumes and seriously considering every online free work at home scam I can find. I do several of them and get paid up to 50 cents every time I fill out surveys, write opinions and, reviews, I do garage sales, sell stuff on craigslist, the place here is getting really cleaned out. I sold a brand new in the box with all the bells and whistels that I paid almost $2000 for, whole house water filter for a fraction of what it is worth to a person that pulled into my drive in a brand new Mercedes to go install it in one of the fanciest sections of town they offered to pay my H $7.00 an hr to install it for them. He took it of course.

On a good note my son finally was able to get his wife into the country. She is warm and funny and sweet and I am just so happy to see my son so happy. She is really smart too already she has learned quite a bit of English. I know it won't take her long to become fluent. She is glad though,
that I can speak and understand Portuguese, me too. She is one of the purest individuals I have ever met. I can see why my son fell for her.
I am glad so glad for him and her.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

HI SPLENDRA, don't have any advice for you but i am sorry for all of your troubles. happy to hear about your son and his wife and i will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers
Old 08-14-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Splenda, I know how you are feeling I have been where you are and it wasn't that many years ago.

I know how HARD it is to accept help and State and Federal Aid, but .............................. I want to encourage you to get what you can FOR NOW. It is not forever, get the aid for the phone and utilities, see if you qualify for some General Assistance, THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY and not forever.

It is what the 'welfare system' was originally designed for. I know of many who have been on it, gotten help when they needed it, and as soon as they got out of the hole, got off.

Please do not shut the door on the help they can give you. There is NO SHAME in taking some temporary help when we need it, and in today's economy many need it.

For emergencies, you do need to have a phone!

I don't have much to say about your AH other than when he is making money, I would hope he is giving you some as partial payments on ALL that he owes you for all these years!

When I had to go on 'welfare' for 2 years and 7 months I had to get myself to 'accept' this 'gift' as coming from HP to keep me going until my health issues worked out.

Many have used the 'welfare' system to get back on their feet. Getting assistance while attending classes to get a vocation, is just one example. One example ................. I have a dear dear friend in California, that used the 'welfare system' as a single mom, abandoned, while she went to school. She got housing (not very nice, but it was a roof over their heads) food stamps, money, day care, utility help ................... got her degree, and has been a social worker with CPS there now for the last 14 years.

I am glad you have family helping you ................................ but look at it this way, you paid taxes for years and years so state and federal could help others, now ................. you need some help .............................. why not take it, and give your family a little respite as I am sure it is hard on them also in this 'wonderful' (hear the sarcasm?) economy.

We (I) are walking with you in spirit, even though we cannot physically be there by your side.

Love and hugs,
Old 08-14-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i too had to use social services at one time, section 8 housing, food, utilities and whatever else i needed if i found if it was a need for me and my kids. i agree with laurie, that why these services are there, to help people get on there feet. one of my daughters had to use their services too at one time, she went back to school. today she is an exe. accountant in our county sheriff off, making a very good salary.

i know you don't want government phone but maybe you would consider checking out safelink,com, they are offering a free cell phone plus x amount of free minutes per month. you do qualify since you get food stamps. nothing to do but log onto site and fill out a 2 min. app. letting them know where to send the phone.it could help to use in case of emergency. i'm praying for you
Old 08-14-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through this cr@p. My b/f just went through it, at 8 years clean. He had a stroke and so can't speak clearly or walk normally or drive a car. His intellect is still there, and you can see it shine through when he jokes around, but people that don't know him think he is mentally ******** because of how he talks and walks. It's like, what can he do if he can't speak well, walk well, or drive, you know? The ironic thing is that his speech is slurred so it sounds like he's drunk when he talks to ignorant people. He's even had one interview where the manager told him "How dare you show up drunk to our interview? Of course we won't hire you!" If it'd been me, I'd have owned the store after that, but B. isn't like that. He was letting his pride get in the way of telling people about his stroke, so of course they were wary of hiring him, because they didn't know if he was capable of their type of work, and they wouldn't be able to ask without seeming to be discriminating. So nobody would hire him. I began yelling at him before interviews "Please just tell the people you had a stroke. It's nothing to be ashamed of!"

Anyway, I bet I took him to more than 50 interviews in a month. Finally, he went to a 7-11 and told the manager "Look, I'm a recovering addict with 8 years clean. I've had a stroke and I don't walk or talk the way you do, but I can learn to do almost any task you can think of. My speech may not be clear, but I'll treat your customers great, and I'll never cheat or steal. I'll work any hours at all. Please just give me a chance to prove I can do it." That is what finally worked. The manager started him the very next night, full time. It's graveyard shift, not the best job in the world, buy hey, it's a living, and it's a start. There is hope. You can do this. I'm so glad you have people around you that can help you. One day at a time.

Love,
KJ
Old 08-14-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Keeping you in my prayers, Splendra, and hoping things get better for you soon.

That stinks about the job, they sure didn't give you much chance, but I have a feeling it will make room for a better job just waiting to show up.

Keep your head up, with your smarts and great attitude, not to mention faith...life is bound to get better soon, just wait and see if it isn't so.

Hugs
Old 08-14-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Wink

On all levels I know there is light at the end of this tunnel it's just I am blinded by the dark and I am very tired. This is the longest tunnel I have ever been in...

Thanks for hearing me ya'll I love you so much!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending some (((HUGS)))

Used to be, here if you get to court early and show proof you have taken care of
the expired tag/ or inspection sticker, the DA would call those first and dismiss them,
with no fine. Not sure if they still do this, but it wouldn't hurt to call the courthouse
there and see if they have a program like this in your area.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I'll be praying for you splendra. I'm in a bad way myself, job/money wise. And now with no vehicle.

I know how it feels
Old 08-14-2009, 07:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by rayofsunshine View Post
Sending some (((HUGS)))

Used to be, here if you get to court early and show proof you have taken care of
the expired tag/ or inspection sticker, the DA would call those first and dismiss them,
with no fine. Not sure if they still do this, but it wouldn't hurt to call the courthouse
there and see if they have a program like this in your area.

The car is not mine and is not even here anymore....I am not even sure what I am supposed to do about it. I am just going to go tell the truth of the situation and hope I don't get life in prison:p
Old 08-14-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i got caught like ray once, no insurance or tag and i got a fine. they held my license until i could pay the fine on installments. life in prison???? LOL I think the truth will set you free. now that thats settled, whats next? first things first.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

If it wasn't your car and you didn't know the tag was expired, that may really help. I can't believe they are making you go to court!

Lots of good advice before me and I know you can see that light even though it is dim...Walk with us...we'll take your hands, push, pull or if need be, just pick you up and carry you to that light!

Continuing to send lots of positive thoughts and energy and many prayers.