Going to get my granddaughter for the night...

Old 08-14-2009, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to get my granddaughter for the night...

Unfortunately that means driving down to my oldest AD's. My granddaughter has been persistent in wanting to live with her mother (where she has no rules) for two years now, and since she turned 14 this summer, her dad/stepmom finally gave in. Ugh.

I have had to turn my fears over numerous times. My oldest AD thinks she's a perfect parent, yet asked me for some of my pain pills to sell back when I had hernia surgery in January. She's also admitted to selling some of her Xanax (which she's prescribed) each month for extra money.

I had kept hoping she'd end up in jail again soon, but that didn't happen, and she's actually managed to complete her probation.

Anyway, I haven't seen my granddaughter since her 8th grade graduation in May, and I am looking forward to spending time with her.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This sounds wonderful. Have a great time with her. Will you do some girly stuff like getting your nails done?
Love,
KJ
Old 08-14-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

good for you, i pray that all turns out as well as you expected.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
This sounds wonderful. Have a great time with her. Will you do some girly stuff like getting your nails done?
Love,
KJ

I think we'll do each other's nails, and I'm going to stock up on pop and snack food! Tomorrow we're driving out of town to find her some tennis shoes for volleyball this year, and might take in a movie while at the mall.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, granddaughter and her Auntie Amber just left to run to the store for the makings for soft tacos. We got home a bit late, but it was all good as I got to see my grandson too. He was at the swimming pool till 5, and he's brown as a walnut! Ah, to be a kid again.

Methinks popcorn later tonight, and we might watch some cool music videos too after nails get done. Granddaughter is an internet pro and has to keep her nonny up to date on what's hip in the music industry!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Freedom, I couldn't help smiling ear to ear reading your post...Sounds like you had a wonderful day and the night and weekend will be so fun with your granddaughter. Enjoy each precious moment!
Old 08-15-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ahhh, nothing like retail therapy. Miss Alexandria got new tennies, undies, a bra, socks, and dress pants. She also picked out some wild bracelets at Walmart.

I got a new bra, two blouses to wear with my new work pants (one black pair, one dark brown pair) as JC Penney had a pretty good sale going on, and I scored a fabulous little pair of black suede flats at Payless with a ruffle across the top. I also got tennies to match Alexandria's!

Oh, and we stuffed ourselves at an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sounds like it was a Wonderful day
Old 08-16-2009, 04:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((DeVon)))

I'm so glad you've been having such a great time!! These kids, these days, grow up so fast you've got to spend time with them every chance you get. Heck, I LIVE with Brit, and still don't see her that much with my work schedule and her "social" schedule.

Retail therapy, stuffing yourself silly with someone who adores you? Now THAT sounds like exactly what you needed!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
cough cough........did you say RUFFLES??? hello, tap tap, is this thing ON? DeVon can you hear me?

i'm just grinning ear to ear for you. you just sound so "light" and ethereal.............

I feel 'light and ethereal'!

Gads, I am just having the best time getting into this career thing, being properly dressed (I never was a girly girl, always a tomboy type), hair done. I just salivated over those cute little flats with the ruffles!

I took her back this morning, and of course AD was still in bed, and grandson Johnathan was laying on the futon watching movies, bored to death.

We just had the best time, and for a kid who's at that age that it's not 'cool' to hang with old people, she and I had a blast! I can't count the hugs we both had (and she's a big ol bear hugger).

She and I watched a scary movie together online last night! (the DVD player took a crap).

She was also busy with some yarn projects here at the house, wrote some poetry, and of course soaked up all the doggy/kitty lovin'.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

YAY for both of you! Ms. Ruffles
Old 08-16-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How stinking cute are these?

DeVon-fashion diva extraordinare