Still around....busy and happy

Old 08-11-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Smile Still around....busy and happy

Hello, everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted here, but I wanted to stop back in and let everyone know that my son and I are doing well. It has been one year since I moved out and filed for separation (followed by divorce) from my XAH.

So far I've finished two of the nine rotations required for the completion of my degree, one in a small medical clinic and the other in a large, teaching hospital. I really enjoyed and learned a lot in both settings. My parents have been invaluable in helping me manage childcare for DS - I can't imagine being as successful in my schooling if I was still depending on my XAH for help.

My father, mother, son and I just got back from a family vacation - spent three days golfing in the mountains with my dad, then three more days kissing the cheeks off my new 4-month-old nephew......HEAVEN.

DS starts official, ride-the-bus, bring-your-backpack pre-school on Thursday, and he is SO EXCITED. I don't have a rotation this month, so I get to see him off on his first day and pick him up from school, too! DS is a healthy, happy, silly 4 year-old. He does not ask about his father or say that he misses him, but he's always happy when he gets a chance to see him.

XAH decided to quit his (very lucrative, flexible, and overall excellent) job in order to "find himself". I am trying to be open-minded about this move, but its difficult as it adversely affects my financial situation in a big way. For the past month he's been living off of his 401K, drinking, dating, and doing little else. I am concerned for him, but mostly I am grateful the our fates are no longer tied together. I have kept my mouth shut about his choices - I do not know his path. I will handle the financial situation with the assistance of my lawyer.

Right now, I am dating a delightfully funny, bright, and kind man (yes, they do exist) - who speaks to my heart and appeals to my head. We talk everyday and see each other once a week. It is a lovely, restorative relationship for me at this stage in my life.

I am so grateful for this website and the people who work their recovery here. SR was a key element in my move from despair to courage to empowerment and peace.

Thanks to all!

-TC
Old 08-11-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So good to hear from you and to hear your doing well....

God I love seeing recovery in action.... So happy for you!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Great news, thanks for sharing it. You give me hope
Old 08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

TC1, so great to see you stop by, and so glad to hear you're doing well. It was a pretty long, hard road for you for a while there, and it just warms my heart to know that you're happy.

Hugs,
GL
Old 08-11-2009, 10:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks for the update, tc. it's helpful to hear from those who made it through.

naive
Old 08-11-2009, 10:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Ooops, I am TC2! Former Dreamer999.

TC thank you for the update!!!!!!! Yes, good men DO exist and its great when you are able to value them!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear that you are doing so well and are both happy and content in your life.
God bless for the future
Old 08-12-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! You must be so proud of yourself. Your life sounds much more peaceful!

I wish you and your son the best!
Nan
Old 08-12-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

I was reading some of my old threads yesterday. I read one of your responses to my very first post and thought, 'I wonder how she's doing?'. And here you are with an update! Glad to hear you are doing well!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm growing

I am glad you and the little guy are doing well!