Notices

Made it thru nite #1

Old 08-09-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Made it thru nite #1

I was surprised how the night went. Someone in one of their posts to me mentioned valerion root for a calming effect. Well I had some herbal tea with that in it.....two cups before bed and it seemed to help. It took FOREVER to fall asleep but I finally did. Not too much sweating or shaking. I don't know why but I feel really lucky. I was a bit nervous about it.

So today I am going to take a giant step for mankind and SHOWER!!!!!! Woo hoo! Maybe even drag my butt for a walk or a bike ride. I think it will do me good to get out.

Now my next mountain is wondering if I am still employed. I created quite the lie to get some time off to do this......but knew I had to, I was not functioning right and it would have caught up to me.

For all the new folks out there wanting to quit, if I can make this step, YOU can........cause I was pretty much a hammerhead........

Thanks to all who sent the sleep fairies. They took awhile to find me but eventually did!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Yes, get outside and walk or ride. And no naps! In early sobriety I about exercised myself senseless....gave me something to do....and I went right to sleep from exhaustion!

You CAN do this.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

GOOD FOR YOU! I knew you could do it! I hope you are feeling OK and have a great day 2! It does get better and easier. Please keep us posted! Sleep gets better too. It took me about a week to start sleeping again. But oh so much better when it is sober sleep. Keep going!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Im glad you slept, valerian root is great stuff Im wishing you the best
Old 08-09-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

so glad the sleep fairies found you....and glad your physical symptoms are getting better as it goes along. remember to keep hydrated -- water, juice, tea, whatever your fave concoction is. impressed that you feel good enuf to do some exercise. wtg! best wishes for you job still being there for you. this past week i've really been grateful i have a job to go to. take care
Old 08-09-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Be gentle and good with yourself. Sleeping problems for me went away pretty quickly after quitting.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Resident

Way to go VC. You will be back to your old funny self in no time.
You already seem to be regaining your sense of humor.I can tell by this post that your time is now.
Keep it up.