no contact

Old 08-08-2009, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no contact

In an effort to cut ties and any support of my axbf, I am seeking a way to have him pay for his half of the accumulated wireless phone bill as well as return the phone and sim card. How would one go about this? He is currently residing outside of the state. Yes, I have directly asked him for payment. Yes the family plan is in my name. If he does not return the phone am I correct in understanding that my choice is to report the sim card stolen and the ask the wireless provider to shut it off? What advice do you have?
xo
Thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 10:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Call the phone company. I have had great luck with just contacting them directly and asking them questions.

My lovely husband just had to do a boat load of investigation, etc. (military member using his government owned phone for something he shouldn't have been doing) and he just went up the phone companies chain of command to talk to the big boss. If at once you don't get what you need, talk to the boss.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I also recommend speaking with your phone company and find out what your options are.

I recently enrolled in my own cell phone service and added my teens to the plan. I asked the wireless company this question while shopping for my plan: "If one of my kids turns out to be a crack head and I boot them out, can I cancel their service?" (exact quote)

The stunned sales rep quickly gave my teens a life lesson on how crack would ruin their lives, and gave some examples of people he knew that had lost everything because of crack. Then he explained to me that I would still have to pay the 9.99 fee for the added line but I could suspend service to the crack heads phone!
Old 08-09-2009, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

:ghug3 Pelican! Awesome!

I had a problem with the wireless bill after I broke it off with the XABF the bill was over $700.00 because he was calling me and my voicemall over and over and over! So stubborn me did not listen to anyone in here ("Cough") until I got another bill well over $500.00 then I phoned the wireless company disconnected service-got another phone, a new number and POOF no more calls.

Some companys will charge you a fee to discontinue service however in my case it would have been worth it to listen and have done it right away. The fee sometimes is worth it to eliminate the headaches!

And as for the money...as I told someone else the other day I lost a lot of money due to the XABF and I mean a lot as others on these boards have...but if you try to take the positive and although it really stinks I rather have my sanity than the money back! :bounce:

Just a suggestion but I would nip it quick and call and cancel that phone ASAP! Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If the plan is in your name, you can ususally do whatever you want with the phone service. You can suspend a line, change the phone number, etc. Really all the cell phone comany cares about is that you don't cancel your service or change your plan.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I was able to speak to someone at the phone company and have my ex bf removed from a plan that was in my name. I gave him one chance to get the payment current and switch to his own service in his own name, and when he didn't I had his phone cancelled. I was honest with the customer service person and asked him to tell me my options. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Good luck!