Angry

Old 08-08-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry

I hate my brother for being so selfish! Heroin was more important than his only sister that tried to save him!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

In the end I'm sure he thought of how much you helped him. Addicts do have a side of tem that realizes all the love around them. Unfortunately the drugs are overpowering and they can't help themselves for most of their actions. Hate the addiction and not your brother
Old 08-08-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I try so hard, but if I am mad at him I feel as if he is still here!! Sounds dumb right!

Thank you for understanding, Sedra
Old 08-08-2009, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sskaye,
I am so sorry you feel this way. To someone sick with the disease of addiction they don't think of the family. They are only thinking of getting the next hit. We try to FIX them but we can't, they have to want to get well. They don't mean to hurt us, they just do, or should I say the disease does.
I learned the 3 c's when I first started going to Nar-Anon;
1. We did not CAUSE IT
2. We can not CONTROL IT
3. We can not CURE IT

They did not chose to get sick, but they choose to use
No matter what we do we can not stop them from getting sick or using
No matter how much we want them to get well we can't do it for them, or force them to do it. They have to want to get help.
Please find a meeting, go to as many as you need to. I was lucky I found my home group right away. I also attended NA meetings, the recovering addicts will talk to you and answer your questions.
Please don't feel like you failed, it is just that the disease is stronger than us.
Will keep you in my prayers
Hugs coming to you
Old 08-08-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Sedra, that doesn't sound dumb at all. My brother od'd on heroin 13yrs ago (6 weeks after my father died, of a heart attack) do you think I'm still not mad at him ?!!

life will get better i promise
Old 08-08-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, I live in Las Vegas...I am sure I could just go to an NA meeting and get directed there. I need help, now! I have just been so scared, i would love to help others...I cant help myself yet! I appreciate the advice, I will take it.
you are in my thoughts and prayers also, Sedra
Old 08-08-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That just suks... I am so sorry for your losses......LIFE can be so good if we take advantage of the beauty in it. How do you show that to people with these addictions? I can easily drink myself to death...I dont, I love everyone too much to hurt them.
I will pray for you always, Sedra
Old 08-08-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Here's a list of the Naranon meetings in LV:

Nevada Meetings

And here's the list of the Al-Anon meetings in LV:

Nevada Meetings

As you can see, a lot more Al-Anon meetings, so you should be able to find one or more that fit your schedule. They will help you through this, honest.

Love and hugs,
Old 08-08-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! What a great girl! I love your little quote at the end of your msgs.

Hugs and kisses and many many prayers, Sedra
Old 08-08-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello my friend I never hated my son for dieing I don't think he chose herion over his love for me his mother. I did at first and couldn't unterstand why, but after a few months of thinking , thinking the drugs had a hold on him mind and body. I tried everything to help him but he had to want to help himself and he did try. Now here I am my only child is dead from a evil drug that only wants to kill. I will pray for you and your family it has been 8 months since my boy died and I feel like it was just yesterday. I miss him so much.

Bless you
Maggiemac