Danger

Old 08-08-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Danger

I went to the lawyer, he said nothing new. I can leave with the kids and my AH will do as he pleases. If he goes to court I'll have to come back here with the children to appear at the court. Gathering the evidence which is only verbal is not that easy. I got the tape recorder ready though ;-). My husband is trying to be nice as long as I don't mention anything related to the alcohol. He drinks a little bit.
What's important: he doesn't want to stop drinking, he doesn't want to get help and he wants to make all important decisions about our life by himself. Danger, red light blinking in my head. Plus when I finally realize that alcoholism is a progressive decease I will get all my answers. It's like living with a ticking bomb.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by swert View Post
What's important: he doesn't want to stop drinking, he doesn't want to get help and he wants to make all important decisions about our life by himself. Danger, red light blinking in my head. Plus when I finally realize that alcoholism is a progressive decease I will get all my answers. It's like living with a ticking bomb.
And what is even more important is you and your children! Glad that you were able to speak to someone and that your "red light is blinking in your head"

Keep reminding yourself that you and your children are important and what matter right now. If he is going to continue to drink nothing is important to him!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi swert-

to help you with the collection of evidence, here are some examples:

1. perhaps the fight in the restaurant with the italians would be on tape? or they would sign a written statement.

2. the forced sex, i would go to women's aid and forge a relationship with one of the counselors there. she might be able to back you up in court.

3. you said he was taking pain meds and drinking. is there a prescription?

4. is there a paper trail of money spent on alcohol? an atm statement? a visa statement?

just a few ideas. perhaps others have more. your entries here at SR can be used to jog your memory.

what did the lawyer say about evidence?

naive
Old 08-08-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Be careful recording conversations. In most of the USA you can record a face to face conversation but not in all places. If you are using it to record phone conversations you are possibly looking at federal wiretap charges.

Here is the best link I have seen on this topic.

"Can We Tape?"
Old 08-08-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

naive -->>> no evidence so far. Thank you all my friends ;-).