Curious-how did you find out about...

Old 09-03-2003, 11:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
boo
Paused

Curious-how did you find out about...

A's alcoholism?

The history of his problem?

I'll go first seeing I started this thread...

I didn't know that A was an A...around me (we spent only 2 weeks in person this summer) he drank socially...

I now know from him (from an e-mail) that he got drunk secretly every day I was there. I just didn't know! He didn't act drunk. he's very witty and smart in the first place and he was the same every day.

As for the history, his mom told me tons when I returned home and he then confirmed it with more details.

Does the amount consumed or the duration of active drinking predict outcome? Or recovery time? Or risk of relapse?
Old 09-04-2003, 01:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hon....there is no crystal ball.You simply are not going to be able to predict this man's future.No one can do that.

Take care of yourself...

phoenix
Old 09-04-2003, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just like some of us could drink and not become alcoholics and others of us should avoid it like the plague....some can go longer and consume more that others. There is no predetermined amount or length of time and as far as recovery goes, once you begin you are always recovering.....you are NEVER "CURED".

The old saying once and alcoholic, always and alcoholic. The same is true for us once a codie, always a codie.

I know you are trying very hard to reason this out, but put that same effort into you and your recovery and you will actually see results instead of more questions.

Blessings,
Constant
Old 09-04-2003, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

Listen to Constant. She is wise.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I first found out about codependency when I realized that my entire life, every breath I took, revolved around my son and his addiction.

My recovery began when I realized that my insanity did not come from him, but from within myself, and I could only save myself by working my own program.

Boo, your life does not have to revolve around anyone else. It will be only when you look within and surrender any thoughts of saving another, that you will find peace.

I wish you peace.

Hugs
Ann