Notices

Acupuncture

Old 08-04-2009, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Acupuncture

Hello everyone. On day 2 today, and feel pretty good considering that I didn't have a drop to drink yesterday and didn't sleep a wink last night. I just laid there with my mind racing until I finally got up to have breakfast with my Tuesday morning men's group. Now at work, trying to get through the day exhausted.

My question is, has anyone tried acupuncture to help with mild withdrawal symptoms and help them relax? I went to a Naturopath Doctor a couple years ago for some calming herbs and acupuncture and it really did seem to calm me and help me relax and get some sleep. Just curious if anyone else has tried this. The bad part about this is that insurance doesn't cover it, but oh well if it works.

Thanks everyone, and no matter what happens, I won't drink today! I am volunteering tonight and serving Rootbeer floats to underprivileged children. I have such a passion for kids. I was an elementary education major for 3 years before switching to business. I guess I wanted to graduate and make some real money! haha.

Hope this finds everyone happy, healthy, and SOBER!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"Thanks everyone, and no matter what happens, I won't drink today! I am volunteering tonight and serving Rootbeer floats to underprivileged children. I have such a passion for kids."

I am glad to see you are here. Maintain that desire not to drink. I had to take your statement and quote it because it shows that you have a great heart. Make sure that you save some of that love for yourself. You have earned it.

Stay sober and keep posting.

:day6
Old 08-04-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Bdiddy this is opinion only, no experience, but I have never heard of any one getting addicted to acupuncture, it can not hurt to try it. BTW keep that attitude, be willing to do what ever you have to to not drink today.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Heathen

I never used acupuncture for addiction/withdrawal stuff, but I have for a lot of other things. My fave is a combo of acupuncture and acupressure.. especially for relaxation and just feeling good.

Can't hurt right? I'd totally try it.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. And Taz, I am not concerned about getting addicted to acupuncture. Man, that would be a weird one huh? More just if anyone has tried it for relaxation and sleeping, especially during this time of detox and allowing my body to heal and get back to a normal state. I sure would rather try something natural if I can as opposed to "popping pills" that the Dr. might give me.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just an update. I went and did the acupuncture and it was great! I totally just relaxed and actually fell asleep for about 10 minutes. This guys is also a Naturopath Doctor, so he gave me some herbs and stuff to help me sleep. I am very pleased with the results! Not that this works for everyone, but I had a good experience with it.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great!

I am glad it worked well for you.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Faerie

Acupuncture is great, I'm glad it's working for you.

I also have reiki to help heal me spiritually so if you have any emotional pain I strongly suggest checking that out too.

Alternative medicine is wonderful.

Congrats on your progress,

Much love,