Notices

Am I suppose to feel like this?

Old 08-03-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I suppose to feel like this?

I am now 31 days off of morphine sulfate and 17 days off of hydro 10's. I am still feeling the effects. I still have burning under both arms and my chest feels like it is going to explode from anxiety or something. I also have throbbing behind my knees. But I had that before I started on my pain meds due to my back problems. Went to the ER last Tuesday and everything checked out okay. My daily dosages were, 150mg morph and 100mg-150mg hydrocodone. The morph was my prescribed dose and I took double of the hydro's for 9 years. Will I feel better soon or is this the way I am always going to feel? I am not asking for medical advice, just your experiences. I am also on Xanax and trazodone but they don't seem to help a trememdous amount. I do sleep well on ambien. I have been prescribed these meds for a long time also. Someone please let me know if I will feel better. I don't know if it is only cravings or just plain ole anxiety issues.

:wtf2
Old 08-03-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow MACE!! You are still on a lot of stuff. I'm sorry to hear that even with the prescribed dose you're not feeling well. My sponsee was on opiates and while I don't know a lot about that stuff, I have heard that withdrawal can take a while.

From what I hear it depends on how long you took them? Have you gotten any insight from others? Been to meetings and asked the same questions?

Sorry I'm not much help but I know detoxing sucks royally!!!!! Keep hanging in there. Once you're over all the crap you never, NEVER have to go back!

Welcome to SR!!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Have you spoken to your doctor?
It seems that they would be the one to know....
Sorry I am no help.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Macedawg

I have no experience with the drugs you've mentioned - as TTOSBT mentioned it's probably best to check with your Dr. anyway.

Also check out our Substance abuse forum if you haven't already.

Welcome to SR
D
Old 08-03-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I can't offer any advice either, but I hope you talk to your dr and that you feel better.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Get honest with one (1) doctor, let him know how you feel.