Being positive.....

Old 08-02-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being positive.....

The biggest thing that I have noticed about ME and what has happened with MY thinking since all of the bs started happening with my RABF is that my normally positive thinking has gone away.

Even in my darkest hours through out my life I always tried to maintain a positive attitude. It helped me get through some really difficult situations. And now I really have noticed how negative my thinking has become. Its almost as if I look for the bad in every situation. Its really stunned me when I stopped and thought about it.

Positive thinking for me has always been easy and now I am trying to unlearn the negative thoughts and just be POSITIVE. Its hard because you almost dont want to feel good about something. But when I do change my thinking its almost like a stress reliever. I feel better. I feel good.

So today I am thinking positive thoughts about my life my future myself. Enjoying getting to know the old me. Taking a deep breathe and really appreciating myself and how far I have come and where I am going.

I am really excited about starting back to school in the fall and I havent even given myself a chance to be caught up in that.

Today I choose to be happy for me. I choose to look at the glass as half full and NOT half empty.

Thanks for letting me share. I guess I just really wanted to express good vibes today.......Being positive really makes a HUGE difference in life. I am trying it and really loving it.......
Old 08-02-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cassandra2 View Post
The biggest thing that I have noticed about ME and what has happened with MY thinking since all of the bs started happening with my RABF is that my normally positive thinking has gone away.

Even in my darkest hours through out my life I always tried to maintain a positive attitude. It helped me get through some really difficult situations. And now I really have noticed how negative my thinking has become. Its almost as if I look for the bad in every situation. Its really stunned me when I stopped and thought about it.

Positive thinking for me has always been easy and now I am trying to unlearn the negative thoughts and just be POSITIVE. Its hard because you almost dont want to feel good about something. But when I do change my thinking its almost like a stress reliever. I feel better. I feel good.

So today I am thinking positive thoughts about my life my future myself. Enjoying getting to know the old me. Taking a deep breathe and really appreciating myself and how far I have come and where I am going.

I am really excited about starting back to school in the fall and I havent even given myself a chance to be caught up in that.

Today I choose to be happy for me. I choose to look at the glass as half full and NOT half empty.

Thanks for letting me share. I guess I just really wanted to express good vibes today.......Being positive really makes a HUGE difference in life. I am trying it and really loving it.......

It really makes a huge difference! Thanks for expressing this and good for you! Cassandra....your post reminds me of me; I was like that too and then let the drama/chaos of my situation take me down. I'm working my way back as well; it's nice to wake up and not dread each day or fear what might happen. I still have my down times but they don't happen as often and don't last as long. Feels good to "see" me again!

Your future sounds bright and I hope you have a great semester/quarter in school this fall!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear Cass,
Thanks for sharing -- positive thinking has been my lifeline through this sometimes dark tunnel. I know intellectually what is going on, but chose not to dwell on it. When I did dwell on it -- "IT" took me down to a state of helplessness. Even when things do or have in past looked bleak - I have chosen to say positive things to myself -- building myself up so to speak. I do not wait for applause from the crowd - but choose to be my own cheering section! Positive thinking, positive reading, positive mantras, praying, meditating -- all help, keep one positive and on a good, healthy path.
Sometimes there are rainbows on the cloudiest days... Best Wishes
Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am a big believer that our thoughts take us to where our actions and life follows.

When I maintain an attitude of gratitude, when I look ahead with optimisim and hope for what I want out of life, I find that when I do my part to get me there all the rest just falls into place.

When I wallow in self-pity, sadness, worry and fear, it takes me to a dark place, a place I lived for too many years,

I have learned that it's okay to have negative emotions, it's normal to feel sad sometimes or apprehensive, but what my recovery has taught me was to not hang out in those places too long, to acknowledge the emotions, feel them and then let them go.

Sometimes that meant I had to make myself do positive things like taking a walk regularly through nature or some place where I found peace, and to distract myself from my tendancy to obsess by keeping busy doing healthy things, like going to meetings, reading a good book, or just having lunch with a friend who I may have neglected when I was absorbed in "myself".

Love the positive light that shines through in your post. Walking in the light is just so much better than wallowing in the darkness.

Hugs
Old 08-05-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you read any books on the "Law of Attraction" ?? It's all about positive thinking and attracting the same things that you put out. I have been doing some work with it and have found a lot of good things are starting to happen for me.

I recommend a book like "The Secret" or "Excuse me, Your life is waiting" to get you started.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you are feeling good Cass--- it's easier to think of the 'what is wrong' rather than 'what is right'.............

it's just the way we are conditioned in our society--- to always want more or different for ourselves............

miss ya girl,
sorry i've been awal latley.

Love u,
Cess
Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post, I am debbie downer today. : )
Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Arrow Co-Dependant

Im in a codepedant support group and WOW im learning so so much. The stuff that i think about myself is awful. Thinking that i am worth less, deserve less. i dnt have my paperwork next to me (i can only use internet @wk cant afford @hm) i would put some of the positive affirmations i am trying to remember and believe!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Growing up, my mom had a cross-stitch picture that always hung in our house, and it still hangs in her house to this day. It simply read "Life Is In Session, Are You Present?"

I don't know why, but I often think of this quote, and ask myself this question. Maybe it's because I read it nearly everyday of my life growing up and it is therefore ingrained in my brain.

Not sure why this came to mind while reading this thread, but I think it somehow relates to positive thinking, or at least makes you start to think in that direction. I don't know?