Notices

I'm new here...

Old 08-01-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

I'm new here...

I've been lurking around here, reading a lot, and I think this is a good place to be. I've been sober for 5yrs 9months, so I'm not new to sobriety. Yes, I still get my temptations. My husband and I got into recovery around the same time and we were each others supporters and we worked thru our temptations together. My hubby passed away in March and in that, I lost the one person I could talk to about anything and he would understand. I don't do meetings, I've just never felt like I fit in, but I did do the 90 in 90. It took me 4 detoxes and 3 treatment centers to finally figure it out.

I've come here to get support and to give it back in return...and the people here really do seem to understand. I'm so thankful to have found a place like this. I'm also thankful to have a good friend that pointed me to this site.

Shel
Old 08-01-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....

Comfort prayers coming your way
as you greive for your husband ...

Congratulations on your sober years
You will find many members to share with.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi tigers
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm glad you found us tho - sounds like you have a lot of experience to offer.

Welcome to SR!
D
Old 08-01-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We'll be your friends, tigers! This is a wonderful place inhabited by an amazing group. I was instantly at home here when I came stumbling in almost 2 yrs. ago. I appreciate it that I can discuss almost anything here and no one will be shocked or judgmental. Actually, SR has spoiled me for any other site - nothing compares. The amount and quality of the responses I've always received has been far more than I ever expected.

Welcome to the family, and I hope you spend many happy moments here. (Those are some adorable furbabies you have there....)

Last edited by Hevyn; 08-01-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, I'm glad you posted, I look forward to getting to know you and learn from you.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
We'll be your friend, tigers! This is a wonderful place inhabited by an amazing group. I was instantly at home here when I came stumbling in almost 2 yrs. ago. I appreciate it that I can discuss almost anything here and no one will be shocked or judgmental. Actually, SR has spoiled me for any other site - nothing compares. The amount and quality of the responses I've always received has been far more than I ever expected.

Welcome to the family, and I hope you spend many happy moments here. (Those are some adorable furbabies you have there....)
Thanks Heyvn, it will be nice to be able to talk to people again that actually understand. I love all my furbabies...they have gotten me thru some rough time.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Hi and welcome!! I think you will like it here, most of us don't bite! I am so sorry for your loss, please, pull up a chair and join the "party". I look forward to reading your posts.

Cathy
Old 08-01-2009, 11:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Hello and welcome to our Sober Recovery community!
i hope that you'll share with us your life & your recovery.
We all become stronger the more we share with each other!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

welcome to the family T13

hubbys still supporting you,

and we are too...
Old 08-02-2009, 03:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
Hello and welcome to our Sober Recovery community!
i hope that you'll share with us your life & your recovery.
We all become stronger the more we share with each other!
Thank you Wolfchild. Recovery is something I'm very passionate about. I believe that the new people to recovery can still teach us, people with some clean time, as much as we can teach them. When I see someone new with their struggles, it keeps my mind fresh as to where I was and how far I've come...and it reminds me of where I don't want to be again. I also want to be an encourager here. I've had so many terrible things happen since I've been clean, yet made it thru still sober...I hope people will feel free to ask me anything about my sobriety that may help them.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
welcome to the family T13

hubbys still supporting you,

and we are too...
Thanks Rusty...I know hubby is still supporting me and is proud of me for staying clean thru it all. I hope to give as much as I get from this forum.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HI Tigers,
My hubby and I both got sober close together..There is a year and half between our sober dates. we choose AA as our support. I am very sorry to hear about your hubby, and can only imagine how difficult that must be for you.. My hubby and I share a lot together on our sober journey. I also hope you find friends and comfort here. It was lovely to read about you and I look forward to get to know you better.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad you found us...
Old 08-02-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Shel!! Glad you're here. This is a great site. Welcome to SR.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Tiger and Welcome to SR. I am sorry for your loss but as Rusty said, he is still with you on your journey. Congratulations on your 5+ years sober and I'm sure he's so proud of you for staying sober through all your sadness and loss. Hope to see you around.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sounds like you found a good place. I am almost a whole 5 days into my sobriety so I don't know what help I can be, but if you want to talk feel free to say hello. Sometimes all you need is someone to listen, you know?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dear Tiger13, :ghug2

My sincere condolences to you on the loss of your dear husband. I can relate as I lost my husband two years ago but was not NEAR as strong as you've been. Great job on having over 5 years!!!! I admire you already, TONS! XO

SR is a loving and caring family and your gonna fit right in and already do. It's a pleasure to meet you and have you with us. Even though you don't do meetings you might like a "chat meeting" in which case I host friday nights at 9:00 pm EST and Saturday afternoons (NEW!) at 5:00 pm EST in chat room/Meeting Room. We'd be honoured to have you and it's very relaxed and excellent sharing between friends of our recoveries. (Best part is...you don't have to look at us! LOL)

Love Pancake xo
Old 08-02-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I forgot to mention how sad I am about your husband, Tigers. You as well, Pancake. I don't know if I'd have been strong enough to endure that and stay sober - you are both to be commended for coming through it the way you have.

I agree with BigDTown - having someone to listen & relate to is huge - I felt instantly calmer when I came here. I was no longer alone.

Are chat meetings scary, Pancake? I've never been.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

Originally Posted by BigDTown View Post
Sounds like you found a good place. I am almost a whole 5 days into my sobriety so I don't know what help I can be, but if you want to talk feel free to say hello. Sometimes all you need is someone to listen, you know?
Thanks BigD...keep in mind that 5 days is better than no days! The temptations can get really bad in the early days...so when you get those thoughts, tell yourself "I have a choice, and just for today I choose not to use". Please know that you can also come to me too...even if you think it's something silly, there is no such thing as a stupid question...especially when it comes to sobriety!
Old 08-02-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

Originally Posted by Pancake View Post
Dear Tiger13, :ghug2

My sincere condolences to you on the loss of your dear husband. I can relate as I lost my husband two years ago but was not NEAR as strong as you've been. Great job on having over 5 years!!!! I admire you already, TONS! XO

SR is a loving and caring family and your gonna fit right in and already do. It's a pleasure to meet you and have you with us. Even though you don't do meetings you might like a "chat meeting" in which case I host friday nights at 9:00 pm EST and Saturday afternoons (NEW!) at 5:00 pm EST in chat room/Meeting Room. We'd be honoured to have you and it's very relaxed and excellent sharing between friends of our recoveries. (Best part is...you don't have to look at us! LOL)

Love Pancake xo
Thank you so much Pancake, and I'm sorry about your hubby too...it's so hard. Thanks for the invite, I think I will have to check it out. :ghug3