Notices

The felowship at work!!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

The felowship at work!!!!

Well one of my daughters called in a panic, my grandson got his hand caught in an elevator door when it was OPENING trapping his hand between the door and the elevator shaft. It took 6 people to physically force the door in to where they could free his hand!

Well they got his hand out, thank God in one piece, she got some ice and is now at the doctors as I type, she called me because she had no idea who to call about this. She is scared she will have to pay for the medical bills and that his hand may be messed up and had no idea who to call.

I didn't know either and in the past would have told her to grab a phone book and get ahold of a lawyer just to cover herself. Instead I know a lawyer in AA, I know he handles criminal cases but also know that he knows other lawyers that handle other things.

Well I called him, let him know what is up and he gave me the name & number of some big shot lawyer in my town to call, he told me to make sure I dropped his name!!!! LOL

It is really awesome to have folks to call for help and guidance that are more then happy to help out, that is just what the fellowship is all about.... one alcoholic helping another, not just to stay sober but to help in life in general!

BTW my daughter said she does not think his hand is broken, but we will see what the doctor says.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Taz,

Glad he will be ok and that you could use your fellowship. I am not a member of AA for personal reasons. This is my first time quitting and the only thing I really did wrong was embaress myself and grown children with being drunk. I know it is there if I would need it. I really would like the friendships that go along with it. I am only sober a year but would be happy to make some AA friends.

Aren't grandchildren the best. I have a 19 months old granddaughter and a grandson on the way. My granddaughter makes me so glad I don't drink anymore. I was a weekend binge drinker and that is when I see her the most.

I would also like to add that you are a great asset to this site. I'm always interested and like to see what you have to say on just about any subject. You have helped so many including myself with your wisdom and insites. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Philly you kind of made me blush!!!! LOL Trust me I am not all that, I simply pass on what has been so freely given to me and that is it.

Yea grandkids are great, I have 8 so far and only one of them has ever seen me drink, the oldest one. You know sobriety is so awesome, I am sure that one of the greatest gifts it has given my children in amends for the hades my drinking put them through is they know thier kids have a good grandfather.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Good thread/posts.

I have used the fellowship for much more than recovery too.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Steps for actual recovery and principles and the fellowship to learn and practice those principles as well as for support.

In AA I have found that the program works because it's primary purpose is living life thereby eleminating drinking as a solution for anything.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

taz,im sorry to hear about your grandson,im sure he will be ok but another prayer for him wont do any harm.:praying
Old 07-31-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i hope he is alright taz...

man...they are so fragile.....well actually there not but i tend to treat mine like crystal glasses.
the wife laughs when i follow the little uns round like a minder..
Old 07-31-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

My middle son bought a VW Jetta from a private buyer, and, as a result of his own inexperience, "broke" it four days later. He was awfulizing up a storm, saying, "Where am I going to find someone to work on it who's not going to charge me an arm and a leg??" My husband and I just looked at him. He got it. "Oh, you have friends."

So my husband just bartered legal services for auto repair... it's great

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 07-31-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I hope grandson is okay, and hope they take him to ER to get it thoroughly checked out.

I only have 6 grandchildren, but I am so grateful to still be here today to be able to enjoy those little ones (some not so little, 2 oldest are coming up on 12, rofl)

Yes, there is a lot more to the AA fellowship than just 'the program' and 'sober people.'

It amazing the things that can happen. There are things that happened to me and to others I know, that without the folks in the "Fellowship" I am sure the outcomes would have been very different.

I am glad that you were able to get assistance for your daughter and grandson.

Ain't it grand being sober????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,