dealing with pain

Old 07-27-2009, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dealing with pain

I am a bit confused after reading some posts. My daughter has some health issues and is in tremendous pain. We are probably looking for surgery in the near future. She is not allowed to take any painkillers. Not even none addictive painkillers like ultram or ultracet. This is the direction I have received from every person involved in her recovery. I am fully thrilled with the care she has received, so I am trying not to question it....I just know I will be living in hell if she does have the surgery. Just throwing this out there, perhaps some of u have had a similiar experience.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what you're asking?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just a word of caution. Ultram is addictive. There are many on these forums that can attest to that. My daughter fell at work, bruised her ribs and the emergency doctor gave her ultram. She ended up not taking them because they did little to aleviate her pain. Opiate addicts need more than the normal amount of painkillers because years of abuse raises their tolerance so much. Anyways, I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers as she faces this surgery. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-28-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kathy,

What happened in the past month? It seemed that your daughter was doing well in the sober living enviornment, last you posted.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

She is still doing great. She had reconstructive surgery 3 yrs ago because of arthritis. Something has gone wrong with the previous surgery. She is currently in some pretty intense pain. Hoping to get this taken care of soon. Concerned with relapse.