.....waiting.......

Old 07-26-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

.....waiting.......

Did i ever tell you guys I got a job... back in March.:-)

It is a boring cake job for what i am use to, but it is stress free, which is great at this point in life. However, the pay is also not what i am use too and so I am learning to lift of my concerns about money to God on this, as after the divorce I won't make enough money to carry all the bills and mortgage. So basically I drive a truck , deliver our product into the grocery store and take care of our section in the store. It leaves a lot of time to pray for myself and others, listen to music that speaks to me, and messages that challenge me.

So ....... the waiting part. I have went through the first stage of the elder process which is calling them and waiting for them to get back to me. Then telling my story and my husband getting a chance to tell his. Well , he didn't. Never called the elder back. But I had to wait for that process. Basically 4 weeks from the call with me. Now, I am waiting for the meeting to be scheduled for me to go in and meet with them in person,( people on vacation) so that is another 2 weeks still. They asked that i don't start divorce proceeding until I talk with them in person, though they see no reason for me not going ahead with divorce. So.... I am waiting.

AH has stopped drinking vodka, now just beer, so now we don't have to get out of the line of fire so much. ( Actually he hasn't drank beer since Thrusday, but that will change as he still is using nothing but 'self will.') I believe God is protecting my household from the natural order of things as there is 'peace' in our home as I 'wait'.

This is very hard for me , because once I make a decision and know what i am suppose to do and where i am heading I don't like to 'wait' on others, especially because they don't get it. However, I can see God's hand at work and his protection during the 'wait'.

It is as if every step i take God then says,"okay, wait." the I take another step and move forward and again God says, "okay, wait."

I know I am being taught a new level of patience and dependence of God. I know God is using this in AH's life too. I also know that I am going to get to be the one who explains to the elders why in "most" situations they can't "wait" on this so long. The elder( is a pastoring councelor in my situation)asked me straight out why I was still in the same house with him, when i explained he understood. Sum up for you guys, he won't leave and i have other people living in my house, among them a disabled mother. However, that should have helped him to understand why I wanted this process to move as fast as possible, not slower then usual, because divorce is what gets us out of the same house. note friends: If I was not watching the hand of God move in my household I would be calling the elder and saying," No, you need to meet with me TODAY." I go to a mega church , only so many servants for so many situations. I is obvious God has provided while i am on the "waiting" list. I actually called when I thought my husband had more then enough time to respond and therefore we needed to schedule the next move forward. The elder agreed and apologized for not getting back to me at the original appointed time.

Anyway, so that is my story. ......waiting...... And that is why i am spending more time on SR then i really want too. :-) Detachment area. And i know God has got something in that for me too. :-)

So if anyone was curious about "Why is tammy seem to be saying one thing but still married and in the same house" now you know. :-) But of my divorce process has to go through the church. One of those reason beyond a biblical conviction is because i will be writing a book, and the challenge is going to be to the church and what the bible really has to say on the issue of divorce in the case of abuse and abandonment.( more on that when i write you guys about my dreams, because i will be asking if some of you want to be a part of that book.)

love tammy

I am gonna go see Harry Potter now...
Old 07-26-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Thanks for the update on your situation Tammy.

You already have more patience than I can imagine, and you continue to be an inspiration. Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

You truly are an inspiration Tammy. I know many women who struggle with the question of divorce due to their religious beliefs, I know your book will be a great help to them.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What did you think of Potter?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

tammy all the best. i get so much out of your posts. you always remind me of my connection with God/HP. good luck with your book, i am sure it will help a lot of people out there facing your same dilemmas! keep striding forward !
Old 07-27-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 love

Oh my God you guys, thank you soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed some love .:-)

It appears AH went to an AA meeting yesterday while I was on SR.

I was going to write about my ideas for the book on another thread as i wanted to start one on "what are our dreams", but now I want to tell you a little.

I will tell you the head title( there will be a sub title too): "A Walk in Ours SHoes" and I don't know yet if I want the cover to be one pair of worn out shoes or multiple pairs. Basically I want the book to be a collection of testimonies by spouses/ex spouses of alcoholics and recovering alcoholics who are or were married so that multiple perspectives will be address. Then i will thread them together. I also have a stage play in my head.( My son wants it to be a musical.) And if they actually make any money I want to have a "healing home" where a partner/parent/families can come get rest and recovery/information/next steps/support.( These are my dreams unless God redirects me.)

MissFixit, :-), as always good. But this was definitely the one movie where it couldn't even come close to comparing to the book. With out the book in my head it would have been a bit flat.