Got my grade back in Pathophysiology!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got my grade back in Pathophysiology!

I got a B, I got a B!

They haven't posted the 4 hours credit yet, or my new GPA, but I'm sure it did bring my GPA up a bit (it's currently at 3.19).

I will finish up Legal Aspects of Health Information on Friday when I go on campus to take my final. The campus bookstore will also be open regular hours, so I'll just get my books for the semester while I am there.

My first class starts August 17th, and the other 6 start the 24th.

I am filled with so much gratitude for recovery because without that, I would not be where I am at today. So much of my life was spent enmeshed with others, and never truly defining myself and what I wanted out of life. My reality was based on the others around me and with much dysfunction in the mix.

It is never EVER too late to start over. When I graduate next May, I will have turned 52.

Life has become so rich and full once I got out of my own way and let my higher power do the driving!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
So much of my life was spent enmeshed with others, and never truly defining myself and what I wanted out of life. My reality was based on the others around me and with much dysfunction in the mix.
That made me cry as I could have written that about myself. I sincerely hope that one day in the near future I will be able to post about my achievements on here. I hope you're really proud of yourself.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Well done! You've worked so hard for all of it!

Yay!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your story is very inspiring. I look at myself and think "I am 37, it is too late for me to start something new". And yet here you are at 51 and moving on with your life in a bright positive direction. So wonderful! One of my continuing fears is that if I decide to go back to school or try to learn how to do somethiing new, I just won't have that fresh, working brain I used to have in college. I had very few responsibilties then except for classes (I worked all through college, though) so I was able to concentrate only on that. Now I have so much going on and am handling it so badly that I do wonder. But I am gonna try anyway.

This is exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you for being such a presence on SR and thank you for posting about your grade. That is great!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((DeVon))

I am so proud of you!!! You just keep inspiring me, giving me some awesome footsteps to follow in, in every aspect. Thank you, sweetie!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-26-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I keep trying to get out of my own way too - but I trip myself.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

wow!! congrats!!!!!!!!

yes, i wonder where i learned to define myself with the relationships and drama around me... from others and myself of course...

when you start setting goals for yourself.. and achieving them, its the best feeling on earth!!!! its like HEY, I was the captain of the ship all this time, and if you do not have what it takes to be part of my crew then I will throw you overboard
Old 07-26-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I teach a prevention class at a university and I love to see my students excited about their grade, their program and their future. Its interesting,even though its a substance abuse prevention class, generally one or two students end up seeking help for their addiction. That's a blessing that sometimes looks like a curse at the time.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!

You rock. I have no idea what that subject is.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Honey Childe, I can't even pronounce it!

Thanks for sharing your good news! Congratulations!
Old 07-26-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
Congratulations!!!!

You rock. I have no idea what that subject is.
Pathophysiology is the study of diseases of the different body systems-circulatory, pulmonary, endocrine, etc. Patho = disease
Old 07-26-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Rooty-toot-toot!
Old 07-26-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DirtMagnet View Post
Your story is very inspiring. I look at myself and think "I am 37, it is too late for me to start something new". And yet here you are at 51 and moving on with your life in a bright positive direction. So wonderful! One of my continuing fears is that if I decide to go back to school or try to learn how to do somethiing new, I just won't have that fresh, working brain I used to have in college. I had very few responsibilties then except for classes (I worked all through college, though) so I was able to concentrate only on that. Now I have so much going on and am handling it so badly that I do wonder. But I am gonna try anyway.

This is exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you for being such a presence on SR and thank you for posting about your grade. That is great!
Honestly, I was bordering on sheer terror once I realized I was officially enrolled full time last year.

I also do all my courses online, and I cried more than once the first two weeks because I was having trouble navigating the online classroom environment. I didn't give up though, and soon I was sailing through it.

I had trouble with retention and not falling asleep when doing extensive reading, so I started asking around with friends who had also done college later on in life and got some terrific tips!

It does take some time to retrain your brain back into academic mode, but it is so worth it.

I have no doubt you can do this too! :ghug2
Old 07-26-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wahoo!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Old 07-27-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing!

You are right, it is never too late! This is a great thing for you to have accomplished—and the future possibilities are endless! WAY TO GO!