And she's done with it, again.....

Old 07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And she's done with it, again.....

AD and her new BF came over last night, as it was her 21st birthday.

No need to ask.....it was apparent, she's clean, again. She put on some much needed weight, holding down 2 jobs, clear and the guy seems absolutely terrific.

She has the skills to maintain sobriety. The rest is up to her.

I am grateful she made it to her birthday.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Now that was a nice BD present for mom also!!!!!

Will say some extra prayers that she is using her 'tool box' to the max everyday!

Thank you for sharing this OTL, I know I need to hear good news and I am sure others do too, and for Today, this is GOOD NEWS!

Love and hugs,
Old 07-24-2009, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((OTL)))

What a good birthday present for both of you!! I hope she continues to walk the path of recovery. You, on the other hand, inspire me in how you focus on YOUR recovery, no matter what she does.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-24-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm doing the happy dance here for all of you. Miracles happen and it seems like she found hers. 21 is a good age to "start again", she's young enough to find a good path and build a wonderful future.

Keeping her in my prayers, OTL, and tonight I'll say a special "Thank You" for her heath and sobriety.

Mama to mama Hugs
Old 07-24-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a wonderful way to start her 21st year!!! A great gift for mom too.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great news Out!

And good for you for noticing the good...and good for her for knowing what she is capable of
Old 07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for her for continuing the good fight. I absolutely know that my daughter has the ability to maintain her sobriety, but I also know it is up to her to do it. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

What a lovely way to celebrate 21. It's pretty amazing how quickly they look so much better once the use stops, isn't it? Glad you are enjoying today and what is.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post

You, on the other hand, inspire me in how you focus on YOUR recovery, no matter what she does.
I cannot tell you how much this means, coming from you.

The most powerful words I have read in this forum and, no surprise, they come from recovering addicts, are " she/he is not done, yet."

It puts the whole thing ( relapse/recovery/relapse cycle) into perspective, for me.

It's not my decision. It's not designed to hurt/please me.

It's not about me.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I love to hear this kind of news! There is always hope as long as there is life. This is why I always pray first that God keeps my own AD alive for another day. 'Course I want to reach though the computer screen, find your daughter, and say to her in my controlling way, "Are you making time for meetings with those two jobs? Don't forget to put your recovery first!"
Old 07-25-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How wonderful to hear that your daughter is clean, and is with a nice guy. I am so happy for you and your daughter. You deserve the peace in your life. My son is clean also, and has a full time excellent job now. God heard me screaming in pain, and helped when I needed it the most. It's always wonderful to hear a positive outcome. Thanks for sharing this.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepygoat View Post
I love to hear this kind of news! There is always hope as long as there is life. This is why I always pray first that God keeps my own AD alive for another day. 'Course I want to reach though the computer screen, find your daughter, and say to her in my controlling way, "Are you making time for meetings with those two jobs? Don't forget to put your recovery first!"
She does not attend meetings or work the steps. That's her choice, too.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
How wonderful to hear that your daughter is clean, and is with a nice guy. I am so happy for you and your daughter. You deserve the peace in your life. My son is clean also, and has a full time excellent job now. God heard me screaming in pain, and helped when I needed it the most. It's always wonderful to hear a positive outcome. Thanks for sharing this.
Thanks for the update. Good to hear your son has been OK.

Is that your picture? You look fabulous.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, that is me, and thank you for the compliment. I am doing better now that my boy is alright. I have to admit he aged me, and almost killed me. His addiction was terrorism for me. It left me with out sleep, no food, no peace. For two years, I didn't eat, or sleep and dragged him out of drug dens in Brooklyn NY. I just refused to give up on him. To be honest it wasn't until I finally told him he was not welcome here in my home, and that I couldn't have anything to do with him unless he got clean, that he finally got clean.
Tough Love always works. I learned a few wonderful things from Ann. She has been there done that, and she inspired me greatly. She is a lovely woman, with alot of wisdom. Thank You for the compliment. Hugs, Angel