Sort of OT... I got pulled over tonight

Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sort of OT... I got pulled over tonight

Coming home from another city tonight, in the dark, I got pulled over by the police - flashing lights and all. Never has happened in my entire driving life, as I tend to be a slow driver. Years of driving with an A, always made me nervous to drive fast which is what my X AH did.

The officer approached my car with flashlight in hand, ask for my DL and then ask me if I knew why I'd been stopped. I replied " I was probably going too slow"... when in fact, I had exceeded the speed limit by 10 mph he said.

I told him I'd never in my life had a speeding ticket or any other moving violation, and he went back to his car to "check me out" on his computer. When he returned, he said "I was as clean as a whistle" and that he was going to not give me a ticket for speeding. Then he ask me who "insert my X AH's name" was. To which I replied "my X Husband!" Evidently, there is a warrant out for him - which was news to me, but not unexpected. He then said "it's a good thing for you that he's your X!"

I said "YES!"

Thank God he's my X!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am glad your clean history helped you out! And I am also glad there is the magical letter

X !!!!!!!!!