Notices

from the "grapevine"

Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

from the "grapevine"

1. "Ask the babysitter to say the Serenity Prayer and not to call back unless it's a real emergency." — Mike M., Watertown, NY
2. "When he told me he wanted to have a cup of coffee and talk about God, I told him I better call my sponsor!" — Allen D.
3. "That's right, Peggy. He calls it the 'straight pepper diet'!" — Joe C., San Diego, CA
4. "Honey, don't you think you're taking this 'checking with your sponsor' thing a little too far? We've been married 10 years!" — Deann D., The Last Chance Group, Moline, IL
5. "I don't think our relationship will last. Stan keeps trying to run the bases while I'm trying to take the Steps." — Linda S., New Ulm, MN
6. "I told him the result was nil and to let go ... absolutely!" — Jay M., Shelby, NC
7. "He keeps whispering in my ear that I am powerless--what should I do?" — Gary L., Chandler, AZ
8. "He just told me that my new home group would love me until I could love myself, and he's not wasting any time." — Denny C., Atoka Out-of-Towners, Atoka, TN
9. "Hello? This amends thing isn't going well." — Lurdes M., Elk Grove, Calif.
10. "Gladys? It's Suzy. I think Philip has taken one step too many." — Brendon
11. "Ah ... Hello ... I think you misunderstood me. I called for a Twelve Step call, not a Thirteenth!" — Kevin L., A New Freedom Group, Holyoke, Mass.
12. "Back off, Buster, or I will hit you with my 500-pound phone."--Howard M., Santa Clara, Calif.
13. "Hello? Yes, this is your sponsor. Yes, I will be glad to pick you up right now for a meeting. Thank you for calling." — Brendon
14. "HALT? But Sponsor, we're not Hungry, Angry, Lonesome OR Tired ... yet!" — Brent C., Gut Level Group, Springville, Calif.
15. Winner: "I know you told me no new relationships for a year, but he's got seven months and I've got five--does that count as a year?" — Sheila O., Massachusetts
Old 07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

1. "Ask the babysitter to say the Serenity Prayer and not to call back unless it's a real emergency." — Mike M., Watertown, NY
2. "When he told me he wanted to have a cup of coffee and talk about God, I told him I better call my sponsor!" — Allen D.

for more go to: Alcoholics Anonymous Rule #62: Don’t take yourself too damn seriously!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like the winning entry ksplash!

D
Old 07-21-2009, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I too like the winning caption...LOL...do the math.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

for all those who like to hate on AA, I promise that not everybody in it has a bad sense humor, I promise.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love that one!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

500 lb phone. Love that one!!