Notices

enough for me to stop hating myself for a moment

Old 07-21-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

enough for me to stop hating myself for a moment

My morning started out in anger and apathy. But it all changed with the knock of a 7 year old boy upon my door. I answered, and “Nate” was there looking to call upon my daughter. She wasn’t with me, but we chatted for a few minutes and then he left. Those few minutes opened my heart to this day. Those minutes gave me possibility and the anger in my heart flew away. I saw a little me in this young boy and that was enough for me to stop hating myself for a moment.
So this helped me get out of the house and to go to a meeting. The meeting was a good choice and from there I went to the grocery store. That went well so I went online and read some stories. That went well and so I decided to write.
And so here I am now stuck. Don’t know what to write.
I am focused pretty well upon this day and that’s good. So I’ll perhaps stop writing, close my eyes, and just follow the beat and wonder of my heart.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Children work wonders in us old cranky grown ups. It's as if they know something we don't. Something we somehow lost along the way.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great, Kspash!

You know I think that one small change can have a ripple effect in one's life. It has happened to me many times and it sounds like it happened to you today, too.