Notices

Update and surprise phone call!

Old 07-21-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update and surprise phone call!

Well thanks to you guys a bunch of support from my friends, therapy, the love of my family and lots of prayers things are going great right now! Had several job interviews, the business is busy right now. I havent had a beer in almost a month now and am feeling great. Getting my Y membership back and getting back to working out. Saw my shrink and got on a new old drug regimine that had worked before, besides being a little to tired it's working great. Im just trying to prepare for that bad day that I know is coming cause things are going to good so far and know that even though its bad beer is not the answer. Anyone ever watch 90's pro wrestling and heard of DDP or Diamond Dallas Page? Well I sent him an email during one of binges on his website. He doesnt wrestle anymore do to a bad back but is an insperational speaker now. My email explained what I was going through and I had actually forgot about it till I got an email back from his manager saying he wanted my phone number so we could talk. Dude was and to point still is a superstar in that world and he took the time to call me and talk me up, gave me pointers on staying positive. Positive brings positive and Neg breeds Neg, and we wake up every morning and decide wether it's going to be a good day or a bad day, one of the few things we really have control over. His call really helped, not everyone would have done that for me. Anyway just an update on things so far, thanks again to the army of people that have helped me out. Keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming they are great! HAVE A GREAT AND POSITIVE DAY!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

That's awesome, searching!

Glad to hear things are going well. Keep it up.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

That is really cool!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

still going well, another therapy session today, love those! over a month now since I drank anything and Im feeling great!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is KICK @SS!!!!!! Thanks for sharing that. Love it that you're on a high in your life right now. I hope it stays on cruise control for a long time to come.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

searching that is a great story and sooooo good to hear someone so positive! i wrote to a famous celebrity addiction therapist myself a few years ago after reading one of his books (he was recovering alki himself) i really felt good after reading it.about a month after posting this letter to his harley street practise i recieved a phone call from the guy! i couldnt believe it and my mum was certainly star struck! anyway to cut a long story,after many ambigous phone calls and texts he invited me down to london for free therapy.i went,he was cool,nothing happened and 6 months later he was struck off for having affairs with his lady patients! one of them kissed and told! i know your experience is a positive and happy and its great this guy took time out to help a fellow man.my experience was comical at the time,,so just thought i would share for the giggle.he didnt fancy me i dont think so i was lucky! lol,,my mum was very dissapointed though.keep up the positive attitude!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome story. The only reason I know DDP is because he was in this yoga documentary that recently came out called "Enlighten Up." I guess he now teaches yoga for real men or something like that. I don't know he cracked me up in the film. Cool deal.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Charmian that is a great story, sad and funny all at the same time and I guess you are lucky he didn't fancy you...LOL sfgirl he did become famous as a wrestler but explained he makes more money with the yoga dvds and inspirational speaking. He started the yoga for men because his back was trashed from all the wrestling and his playmate wife took him to yoga once and it helped his back like nothing else but he felt a little out of place in the yoga class full of women...LOL He was great on the phone, and helped me be much more posititive!