Notices

do I have to revoke my membership if I've been drinking?

Old 07-19-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

do I have to revoke my membership if I've been drinking?

I'm trying to stop drinking again, but it's very hard. I feel so all alone and have nowhere else to go. The ER would just laugh at me, since I was there last week and didn't seem to learn anything from that misery. I'm sorry for being so 'down' and don't want to bring anyone else down, but I have nowhere else to go for support. I emailed my shrink but he won't be in the office til tomorrow, so I have to make it til then on my own. i must be the dumbest person on the planet...

I was doing really well until last week and then the sh!t hit the fan. i'm sorry for being so stupid... please forgive me.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You are not dumb. You are an alcoholic. Big difference.

I'm glad you're here.....being here means you still want sobriety. And that's what I want for you, too.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i've got to get thru the next two days and then it will get better. please pray for me that i can get thru the next two days without drinking
Old 07-19-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, least.

Hang in there and tell your therapist everything. Get in there as soon as you can. Tell him everything you tell us...about how you feel when you are doing well and what happens when you crash.

Don't give up. Get the help you need. Please don't do this alone.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Susan,

You can make it through this. I know it's hard. Get rid of the alcohol and stay close to SR. Go out for a walk or play with your pets. I'm glad you're planning to talk to your shrink.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

least...if you need to go to the ER do not hesitate to go. This is your life...your well-being...who cares what they think? Other people's opinions do not matter. Do what you have to do to save yourself. I don't know how you feel about meetings, but if you need to get to one go. I don't do meetings, but if I was ever really desperate I would go.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Least))) Stay close here and get some face to face support as soon as you can...you can do it, I know you can. Love, Jomey
Old 07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My heart goes out to you. It could be any of us writing this same thread - and I doubt you'd be advising us to leave SR! These are the times when we need to be here the most. Isolating or withdrawing (or worst yet, pretending it's not happening) is not the answer. I'm glad you've come clean, that says alot about you and your intentions. I'll be thinking of you, praying for you least. Love, Joanie
Old 07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There's nothing to forgive, and I will certainly crank up my prayer machine here in Kansas, okay?

:ghug2
Old 07-19-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i don't want to be drinking, i want to be sober. i'm so afraid but i will stop drinking and ride it out:praying
Old 07-19-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hevyn is right, this could be anyone of us!

I know how bad you have been feeling leading up to this Least, please, please see your Psychiatrist and tell him everything. No-one should feel as bad as you have been and do without proper help.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i feel so bad i don't think god wants to hear from me. i will try, tho i am afraid, i will try to get thru the next two days without drinking. :sorry
Old 07-19-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
i don't want to be drinking, i want to be sober. i'm so afraid but i will stop drinking and ride it out:praying
SO glad, Least. Hang in there for the next few days. You'll never be able to stop if you don't keep trying.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JJB

least i'm not much good on words of wisdom but you sound down;
here's a big :ghug3: for you

How about we both take a ride on the newbie bus? -they're such a cheery bunch they might be able to cheer you up too
It'll keep your mind off the booze at least while you're waiting to see your doctor.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

:ghug3 AND :praying
Old 07-19-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Lady,

You've been a source of inspiration to me and a whole lot of others. As the Talking Heads sang, This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around..."

Treat yourself better than you think you deserve. Inside each of us who are here, there are "two of us." The human being and the addict. And like any marriage, when the communication stops, stuff goes haywire.

Give the human a break. Give the addict the attention she is screaming for. The addict is just like a screaming infant. They wake up without notice or cause, and will not cease screaming. Nurse her, just not with alcohol.

As long as you continue to write and participate, you have lost no one's respect. We all have that screaming child within us. Ain't no one surprised at that.

You are loved.

warren
Old 07-19-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You're always welcome here.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Least,

Just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and thinking of you....Hang in there...

~Rebecca
:praying
Old 07-19-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Hope your well Least
Old 07-19-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Least I just want to commend you for being honest and reaching out for support. Please acknowledge that so many people just give up and disappear from these forums when the struggle to remain sober overwhelms them. So do take notice of you courage...the courage to share your struggle with me and others here at SC. Healing energy from my heart to you my brother in recovery. Blessed be this day.