Got one of those "uneasy" feelings.....

Old 07-15-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

Got one of those "uneasy" feelings.....

like when my HP is trying to mentally/emotionally prepare me for something big. In the past He's kinda eased me into stuff by "firing a few warning shots" over my head, so to speak.

I went down to visit Little Miss Coyote a couple of weekends ago. She'd been down at her Gmaws for 3 weeks. While we were riding around I asked her if she'd seen much of her mom. She replied that she'd only seen her a couple of times, she was hurt/mad. Her mom lives walking distance from her Gmaw's house. I said I was sorry and left it at that.

Axw called the house a week b4 my visit down here and when I called her back at 2pm she was wasted. She had called to warn me that my Dad's day card that she was planning to help Miss Coyote with would be late. Huh? WTF?

I called Gmaw's house to talk to LMC last weekend and she was outside playing and I asked Gmaw about her not seeing much of her mom. She told me that she'd had to give up and let all that stuff with her daughter go (i.e. detach to save her mental health). Said LMC was doing just fine and she was glad she (LMC) was able to put all the stuff with her mom in a "place" so it wouldn't bother her. Not so good huh? I'll be calling her counselor for an appt. as soon as she gets back home.

I'm guessing mom has taken a turn for the worse. Then I remember learning on here about how the physical damage that takes alcoholic men 15 years to achieve, only takes women 5 years. And I remember how "dying from alcoholism" IS God's plan for some people.

Then my old friend who came to visit for a few days picked up a copy of that Larry Flynt biographical movie with Woody Harrelson. We got to watch Flynt's beloved wife die from her addiction to pills/AIDS after he got straight. Similar to my story except for all the success and $millions, Ha! Any way, it was hard to watch her go down the tubes.

Any who, I get the feeling I'm gonna be getting "the call" sooner, rather than later. What a waste. Not a damn thing I can do about it, I am powerless. It's good to know that.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

P.S. This knowledge has softened my very hard heart a bit. That's a good thing, hardheartedness is bad for me.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((( Coyote ))))
This is all so hard, I know. You're doing great, given the circumstances. Who likes to see someone washing their life down the drain?
Take care of yourself and LMC...life will go on with her.
Love,
GL
Old 07-15-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thanks for sharing. I've been STEWING over my (ex's) decision to start drinking again. You remind me of the sadder side, and soften my heart a bit as well.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Coyote--
(((((hugs)))))
sending you a shot of courage for whatever is coming down the pike.
your DD is so blessed to have you. (and I know vice versa!!!)
peace-
n
Old 07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

If it's hard on us, I can't imagine how it is on the Little Miss. I didn't grow up with any of this so I can only go by what I've read here and seen in my lifetime with friends and such.

Prayers for you, and her, and her Mom...
Old 07-16-2009, 04:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Coyote,

I am so sorry for you and your daughter. Please take care and know that we are here for you.

Hugs

Miss
Old 07-16-2009, 11:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How hard that must be!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow-I did not know that, about the physical damage from alcohol taking 5 years for a woman.

It is such a tragedy and a waste, isn't it? I think about my ex. He is TWENTY-FIVE years old, for godsake. He's clever, and talented, and intelligent, and people like him. He could do so much with his life but he's destroying it.

I'm sorry for you and your daughter.

****{hugs to you}}}