A New Vision

Old 07-14-2009, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A New Vision

For so many years, my entire life circled around my AH and his needs and his insanity. Too much pain and too much energy was spent on that insanity.

I am working hard now on MY own life and my own needs. It helps me to not only think about and write down what I want for my life to hold, but to put it in pictures. Anyone heard of a creating a vision board? I am working on one now and wanted to share in case anyone else would benefit.

The board is a collage of picture and words that represent my new life. The local craft store had a plain white board and a glue stick... I have been looking through magazines to find pictures that show me strength, love, gentleness, honesty, FUN, etc...words like "grace", "getting strong", "perseverance", "letting go", "moving on"....pictures that represent friendships to me and peace. All of the things I want and am creating for my life. I am cutting them out of the magazines and gluing them to my board. In the center of the board, it is good to put something that reminds you of your HP - your HP is at the center of helping you bring to life these positive new life changes.

Every day as I add another picture and look at my board I am reminded of where I am headed and what I want and need in my life. As I walk through my day and the hard painful stuff comes up - I can think back to my board and see in my mind the pictures of what I am building for tomorrow. When I encounter insanity from addiction, I now have a tool to help me, and each day I add another word or another picture. And once it is full, I can make another board and over time see how far I have come.

Won't you join me and create your own positive life affirming picture?! Or please share if you have other wonderful ways that we can all remember we are worthy of a wonderful today and positive healthy life!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

RTH~~Thats a beautiful way to remind yourself of where you want to go. When my son was in rehab he told me about a project like that a women came in and told them abaout how she had done that. It's also healthy to have a hobby that you can enjoy and this one gives you serenity also. Just looking at your board will keep you centered. This has also been done on wooden boxes and used later for whatever......hugs and smiles, Bonnie
Old 07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My daughter, who is not an addict, makes these types of collages. They are wonderful for her.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love that idea and may try it myself. I am a big believer that our thoughts take us to our destiny and making something like this to affirm all the positive in our lives is a great way to start.

Thanks for sharing this.

Hugs