Notices

Saxony's Corner

Old 07-13-2009, 03:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saxony's Corner

Hey all, it's been a while since I posted here, I have been reading quite a bit again lately though. I was looking for a July Club thread the other day but couldn't see one, it was kinda depressing though. I belonged to the original July club last year, back then I managed the longest stretch of sobriety I have ever had which sadly was only about 70 odd days. I can't believe it has been a whole year since then, in which I have drank more than ever and done things I said I would never do, but I don't want to dwell on the past too much, it just brings me down and makes me feel helpless.

So anyway, here I am back at it, day 3 today. Just thought I would make a thread, a place to come to when it all gets to much and I want to vent

Sax
Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome back sax!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great to see you here doing this, Sax.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sax!

I'm so glad to see you back

D
Old 07-13-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Sax, That's great you are on day three sober. I too relapsed and was filled with regret for what I had done, but you know what honey, the past is just that, the past. You must move forward and worry about Sax, nothing else. I'm here if you want to talk, you can PM me if you want to Remember it is one day at a time. Keep posting honey.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saxony View Post
I belonged to the original July club last year,
So Sax, I'll ask the inevitable question, what is different this go around?

I spent a few years knowing drinking was a problem, trying to moderate or cut down. As things just got worse and worse, and my drinking increased and got more out of control, I spent another couple years trying to stop entirely. I went to doctors, tried anti-depressants, counseling, outpatient treatment, inpatient rehab, and AA meetings with very little step work. I'd manage a little sober time, a couple months or so (like you) and always manage a still worse relapse. I couldn't get sober.

I recovered when I abandonded myself to AA's 12 steps. If you really want to quit drinking for good and all, it may be an answer for you.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

welcome back to SR.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello my friend - I'm thrilled to see you here and I think this thread is a great idea.
As you know, I spent a lifetime abusing alcohol - yet here I am at almost 18 mos. I don't know what was different this time from all the other times I tried to stop. I was just very sick and so miserable - and had to admit it wasn't in any way fun or relaxing for me anymore. Any little bit of enjoyment I got from it - I always paid dearly for. I had many false starts before reaching that conclusion, though!

I'm always in your corner - keep marching forward - you can do this. Love, Joanie
Old 07-15-2009, 01:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey all, day 5 today. I didn't post yesterday although I probablly should have. I had a really crappy day, no particular reason other than just bad anxiety, I couldn't stop thinking about stupid things that I have no control over anyway and worring about them, to the point I was getting physical symptoms. At one point I almost gave up and thought about drinking the thoughts away since I was craving big time anyway, but I didn't. I am thinking/hoping the anxiety is just part of withdrawal and it will go away, if not I guess I know where the doctors are, not that I am a big fan of them

I am hoping today is better, allthough I allready have indigestion or heartburn, I don't really know the difference
Old 07-15-2009, 01:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 5 is great! Anxiety is a huge part of withdrawals for me, I hope it passes for you soon.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on Day 5 Sax

I think anxiety is a part of most peoples withdrawal - it was with me.

The heartburn/indigestion may be related too - but I reckon see a doc if it lasts for too long.

I'm glad you didn't cave - you can do this
D
Old 07-15-2009, 02:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome back Sax, congrats on day 5. So what are you doing different this time to stay stopped?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

Welcome back

I think I learned something new from my past relapses. I certainly know that each sober period ruined my drinking career. I also found that when I chose to stay sober I had to look at what it was that drinking did for me and then choose to do something different. because drinking wasn't working anymore, I had to drink more and more to numb myself.
Maybe if you take a look at why you are drinking you then can choose if it's going to help or just make things worse. Lots of hard work and lots of potholes to watch out for but sober is doable. Just not easy. Keep up the good work and don't stop trying.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Congrats on day 5 Saxony, one day at a time this will get better and you will feel better.