Giving up

Old 08-30-2003, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mamasmitty

Giving up

So if you are unhappy in your situation because of an A, Is it bad to give up on them???? I mean, in MY situation, we are not married, he is my X husband, and we live together. He is not a bad man, he takes care of all the bills, and isn't mean and doesn't abuse anyone. We even go out and do things together like dinner and things. The only BIG problem I have with him is his lac of hygene. You wouldn't know it by just looking at him, but Its the messes he leaves behind, and his "Viking" ways of doing things that just get on my LAST nerve!!!! I am putting up with it now so I can live with my kids, but I don't know how I will deal with it in a year or so when they are gone. I care for him, I have known him since I was 4 years old! But am not in love with him. We don't even have sex hardly at all. I can't stand the thought. And just in the passed few days he has started to get that "through the pores" alcohol smell that "they" smell like, and it maked me sick to my stomach. So if I left in a year, is that giving up on him???

Old 08-31-2003, 02:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Mamasmitty,

It sounds like your situation is one of convenience. If you aren't in love with him and aren't happy with the relationship, then you should do what will make you happy. It doesn't mean you're giving up on him, it just means you're doing what's best for you. You can care for and support him without living with him.

Hugs,
JG
Old 08-31-2003, 05:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have to agree with Journy,do what is best for you. You will only suffer if you are not happy, don't do that to yourself.

Blessings, Constant
Old 09-01-2003, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
boo
Paused

Ditto, but I know it must be hard :0 I also learned what you mean about that "alcohol smell" Who'd have thought that could really happen to a person? You are what you drink I guess!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Prayer

Have your tried praying to God about it?
Have you taken aa 4th step then moved through to a 9th step with him??

I believe if you really get connected with God's Will the answer would come to you.

Blessed Be

Fibilt
Old 09-02-2003, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hi mamsmitty,

I guess I am still a little confused. You said he is your Ex, and I understand why you are living with him... but if you are not in love with him then why are you occassionally having sex with him??

You asked if you would be "giving up" up on him if you left in a year... Perhaps HE needs to know how you feel about him first. I think it is very important to establish exactly where the relationship stands. If you and he were not "involved', and in a year you decided to leave... then he should not feel that you gave up on him.

Take care
Meg
Old 09-02-2003, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you with him for companionship and occasional sex. From your earlier post, you mentioned that the house was in his name due to divorce. Has this been hard to accept, since it was formerly your mothers' home? I guess you need to make a list of the pros and cons concerning your relationship. Why stay if there's nothing holding you back....

Take Care, Cindy