Just Bring It to Me

Old 07-10-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Bring It to Me

As I continue to work on step 2, I began to think how without my HP I would have never gotten here and I try to remember all the things that are promised to me. The #1 thing is to let go and let my HP (God) handle the things that I can't. It wasn't to long ago when my children were little and He reminded me of just that. . .

"Mo-om," my son calls from the den where he would be doing his math homework, "I can't do this!" I am in the kitchen washing dishes. "If you can't do it," I call back, "Just bring it to me."

And in a whoosh, I hear my HP's (God) still small voice, coming in on the heels of what I have just spoken aloud. "Isn't that what I say to you?" He reminds me.

When I am overwhelmed: "If you can't do it, just bring it to Me."

When I am angry: "If you can't do it, just bring it to Me."

When I am hurting: "If you can't do it, just bring it to Me."

When I am confused: "If you can't do it, just bring it to Me."

Others have been faced with a situation they couldn't do. I know that my HP (God) can take my meager offering—the tiniest bit offered in faith—and multiply it beyond anyone's expectations. I need my HP (God) to do that for me every day. When I think that I can't do something, I need to faithfully take what little I can do and place it in His hands. And then I need to stand back and watch Him multiply my humble offering into something amazing.

So, whatever it is that I feel I can't do today,I know this: I'm right. I can't do it. So I will bring whatever it is to Him. And I will picture myself offering it to Him. Then I am going to stand back and prepare to be amazed.

Today, my prayer is that my HP (God) helps me to remember not to be anxious or worried when I face difficulties, but to simply bring my issues to Him again and again.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The only way I have survived my son being missing for 5 years is to give it to God every morning and ask Him to take care of things, then trust that He will.

If a problem is overwhelming me, it is usually because I have not turned it over. It takes practice, but for me it works every time.

Hugs
Old 07-10-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you both. I am feeling so overwhelmed today. Not 100% sure why. I needed to be reminded to bring it and let it go. God help me get through this day.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

My favorite quote is Victoria Osteen "God's hands are never tied" I love that even when I feel tied up with fear or doubt I know his hands are never tied and he is always working his plan.