Notices

Asking for prayers for my daughter (pk)

Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Unhappy Asking for prayers for my daughter (pk)

She is horribly depressed and stressed with new baby who screams a lot and sleeps less. She's not getting enough sleep herself and is distraught to the point of having thoughts of suicide. Hates herself cause she's feeling like having a baby was a mistake, that she can't handle it, that she's a 'bad' mom for having these feelings.

She was given antidepressants but they haven't 'kicked in' yet. She has counseling appts scheduled but had to cancel her appt yesterday due to not having slept in a day and was exhausted. I have never seen her so upset and depressed. I gave her the number for our mental health crisis team and she promised to call them today. I don't know what else to do for her except pray that she gets some relief. :praying

Please could you keep her and baby in your prayers and thoughts. I am worried sick about her and don't know what to do.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BKP

Once she realizes that she has some responsibility in regards to having a child she will want to do the best. I can not speak from experience because I have no children although take care of my newphew when i can do to similar situations as you mentioned. Being there is crucial, for support and help is crucial.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

if prayers will help least....im saying them now xx
Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

(((LEAST))) Of course I'll send prayers out for your daughter and her little baby. Do you live close enough to her to help her out a little? Is there anyone who could help with the baby and give her a little break? I know how stressful it is when they are so young. Is she sure it's nothing medical that could be causing the baby to scream so much? (((HUGS)))

I'm not sure I understood your post, BKP.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Postpartum depression sucks.

Sending good thoughts and wishes to you both.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Prayers on their way, Least
I had post-partum depression too, and I was alone with my baby...The first six months were brutal...
I think all mothers struggling with depression need to be assured that their feelings are normal and okay and don't deem them bad mothers. I know I needed some downtime as well as meds to get through...Didn't get the downtime but the med did eventually help..
Is there anyway people; friends can come in and sit with baby so she can get a break if she can't afford a sitter? Getting some extra sleep would really help. Can she also get some face-to-face support around this as well...that would be a huge help for her...
I wish her well. Least and you too..
Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by BKP View Post
Once she realizes that she has some responsibility in regards to having a child she will want to do the best. I can not speak from experience because I have no children although take care of my newphew when i can do to similar situations as you mentioned. Being there is crucial, for support and help is crucial.

She DOES realize her responsibility - that's what's driving her nuts. Knowing what she's supposed to do yet feeling unable to do it due to depression, lack of enough sleep, and a constantly screaming baby who will not be comforted no matter what she does.

And he's been to the baby doc recently and she found nothing wrong with him.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Agree with G2B. Is she able to sleep when the baby's sleeping? I felt so guilty sleeping during the day for a while until I realized that I had to catch whatever minutes I could, whenever I could.

Will keep you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers, Least. PLEASE keep us posted.

Hugs to all three of you.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IO Storm

My first breakdown was at 19 with second daughter..severe PPD. She was ill, allergic

to everything and cried for months. Lack of sleep..it was practically non-existent.

This mama needs some rest. I feel for her, Least, so very much. I sure will pray,

starting now, for her, and for the baby, and for your family...

Love,

Sher
Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

.............She's not getting enough sleep herself and is distraught to the point of having thoughts of suicide....
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I hope she can get the help she needs.

If she needs someone to talk to she can speak with someone at the 24 hour free counseling line 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

What Are The Warning Signs For Suicide?
Seek help as soon as possible by contacting a mental health professional or by calling the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK if you or someone you know exhibits any of the following signs:

* Threatening to hurt or kill oneself or talking about wanting to hurt or kill oneself
* Looking for ways to kill oneself by seeking access to firearms, available pills, or other means
* Talking or writing about death, dying, or suicide when these actions are out of the ordinary for the person
* Feeling hopeless
* Feeling rage or uncontrolled anger or seeking revenge
* Acting reckless or engaging in risky activities - seemingly without thinking
* Feeling trapped - like there's no way out
* Increasing alcohol or drug use
* Withdrawing from friends, family, and society
* Feeling anxious, agitated, or unable to sleep or sleeping all the time
* Experiencing dramatic mood changes
* Seeing no reason for living or having no sense of purpose in life
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline...ningSigns.aspx
Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers coming.....
Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey least,

Prayers for you and the younglings are on the way. I hope they make a difference and things start to ease up.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Inbound, may you all get through this together & be stronger for it.

Take Care,

NB
Old 07-09-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Have no experience raising a baby. I have nothing but total respect for all parents.
I dont think I have the patience for it.

I am sending good thoughts to you all.
She will get the hang of it all soon.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sending prayers Least!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers are with her. My first child, a girl, was just like that. She had severe colic and reflux and was miserable for the first 3 months of her life. I got no sleep at all. The only way I could get any sleep was to sleep with her while she nursed. And that is what I did night and day for months on end. I did not get depressed, but did feel left out of the world or a while. After 3-4 months, it got better. By six months, she was still throwing up her food (reflux can take a year or more to go away) but the colic was gone and I began to see a nice little child emerge. Difficult babies can become delightful children, or even delightful older babies. I hope she can hang in there. Sounds like some post-partum depression as well, which I did not have (thank god!)
Old 07-09-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Pk and baby are doing a bit better this evening, both got a nap today, and they are having dinner out with sister/aunt. Please continue to keep them in your prayers. Thank you!:ghug2
Old 07-09-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

missed this before.

Glad they both feel a little better...and I'm glad you're there to lend a hand when you can, least.

best wishes and prayers as requested
D
Old 07-09-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Least,

I am so glad that your daughter is getting help and hopefully the antidepressants will begin to work soon.

I will send prayers for your daughter and her baby!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Definitely will pray for her Least. I had post partum too and it is really not fun. Lose interest in everything including baby. I was put on meds and it really helped me. I felt balance and I only took them for a few months.

She's on my prayer list Least. Hugs to you, your daughter and the baby. God bless.