Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Acceptance is key. If you can accept, it's easier to move forward

Notices

Acceptance is key. If you can accept, it's easier to move forward

Old 07-07-2009, 04:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Acceptance is key. If you can accept, it's easier to move forward

Acceptance is what I think I'm coming to terms with. The fact that things may get way worse before they get better. I think that by accepting that, my head is going to be in a better place.

I can't lose faith in my position but my position is incredibly unsteady right now anyway. Accepting that for the extremes that it looks like it may come to may help me get through this a lot better.

I'm tired of being scared out of my mind. I already know I will have no roof over my head. I also think it's a bad idea to move in with someone else when I'm not sure how things are going to go at work. I'm the "main" person in our small office, I have to accept the fact that my boss may also feel I'm a liability. I have to talk to him today. He may even already know and think that I don't know? But either way, the waiting is killing me you guys.

Either way I'm not going to have my own place to live AND either way I'm going to be broke. I'm broke already, know what I mean?

While I was taking a shower this morning I remembered something I heard once in the program about holding on. "Sometimes when you're holding on so tight it's better to just let go." I think I get that today. When I heard it back then I wondered "why would someone want to let go?" When things are bad that's when you need to hold on, right?

Right now the two things that are really singing in my head are "let go" and "accept".

Who knows? I know things could get much worse. I don't know how bad they can get but they can't get all that bad, can they? I've already lost one major battle, I think it's time to let go.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"Obstacles are those FRIGHTFUL things you see, when you fail to focus on your goals"
I know it is scary being broke (been there) I know it is scary being without a home (been there)
It seems to me your focus should be staying clean and sober and healthy. This other "stuff" will work out! Fear will keep you from seeing the opprotunities that are there. Please dont give up- keep fighting and move forward, even if its scary.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Focus

Good luck. Sorry this is such a hard time for you. You'll pull through.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Alot can come out of acceptance.
If nothing else.You wont be bangin your head in a wall anymore.
Sounds like a good idea.
Just dont let go of your sobriety.
I know you wont.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Good girl!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Read the Acceptance prayer vegi, it has been posted yesterday in Living in Sobriety. I am going through really tough times right now myself, I do have to Let Go and Let God everyday. I am not in control of the outcome, but I am in control of taking action. Right now I am putting one foot in front of the other and trying to turn it all over. When they say Let go, it doesn't mean you are not holding on, it just means you trust that your HP will hold onto you at all times. I know my HP did not save me from the hell I was in just to toss me back into a living hell. Faith, I must have faith that all will be well.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Abandon yourself, vegibean.

I swear, everytime I've faced one of these crises in sobriety, the end result always worked out somehow. It never seems manageable in the middle of it, but it always makes sense in retrospect. I follow the directions in the book, and look to where I can be of service of others. I abandon myself to whatever may come. I don't pray for outcomes, but only that I be able to accept what is.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Acceptance, along with letting go, is a real key to both sobriety and living fully. Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery. Accepting does not necessarily mean 'liking,' 'enjoying,' or 'condoning.' I can accept what is—and be determined to evolve from there. It is not acceptance but denial that leaves me stuck.

Namaste