I am a control freak!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am a control freak!

So my mom's on here. I know it's her now. I did some spy work.

It's not a shock. I mean I told her about the place so it isn't like I didn't think she'd get on here eventually.

And... I saw a few things she wrote, on her blogs... that's how I figured out it was her. I had a feeling when I saw she had looked at my profile. So I checked her out back and what do you know?

So I really wanted to read everything she had written. I wanted to see all of it, but as soon as I clicked on her blog (pre-knowing it was her) I knew it was a bad idea. The first thing I saw was her talking crap about me.

I wanted to find her and slap the sh*t out of her, like she has any right to talk about me.... but then I thought... uh, this is the stupid crap you're supposed to be working on.

So I don't know if I did it right, but I put her on my ignore list!

So now she has her privacy, I think, if the ignore list is what I think it is.

But yeah, I really wanted to know what she said. I know she's talking crap about me, but it seems I'm not supposed to care anymore because I can't control her at all. I don't need to set her straight because it's not my problem. She can believe what she wants, right? And who's to say some of the mean things aren't true. I can be a handful. I already know that.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would suggest that YOU change your screenname.........and try to stay away from hers........dont read the things that are written about you.....just come here on focus on you. Changing your screenname may give you a chance to be open and honest .
Old 07-07-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, I'm sorry. I know that must be hard. Please don't worry about anything she has to say!!!! You have your truth and she has hers. There is a member on this board whose signature line says "What other people think about me is none of my business"......

This has been a hard one for me, too, all of my life. I have lived my life looking for approval and love from people in my life, but I am the one who needs to be proud of me and needs to love me. Perhaps changing your screen name would be a good idea. If not, just post away and try not to worry about anything else but your own recovery.

You deserve to have a happy and healthy life and future!

Hugs, HG
Old 07-07-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses. I can't read if she replies or posts anymore. I double checked on a thread I knew she replied on and it doesn't show up and it doesn't even tell me she posted to it. So as far as I'm concerned, it's like she's not even here.

But... can I actually change my screen name? I didn't know that I could do that. That might be good for me I suppose.

Not caring about what she thinks is something so new to me. I really want to know what she says, but I also know that it can't matter to me anymore. It will drive me nuts and I really need to focus on me right now. Most of my life I've focused on her. It's time for a change.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, yes, you can change your screen name....just pm one of the moderators. Some folks do it because they have changed the way they feel about themselves and want their screen name to reflect that. Others because an ex is stalking them and they want to maintain their privacy. Good luck!!!!