Notices

Thank you

Old 07-06-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Soft & Silky & Manageable

Smile Thank you

It saddens me to write this .. I won't be posting much here anymore.

You guys have been great. You helped me through the hardest bit - getting the ball rolling. Now that it's rolling I feel invincible and nothing can stop me now.

I exercise every day and do a full body work out two out of every three.

I'm only putting into my body healthy things full of vitamins and nutrients.

I read, oh how I read. I'm reading three books at the moment.

I listen to audio books and interviews with gurus whenever I'm in my car.

I'm surrounding myself with positive role models and eliminating the bad.

I view DVD's of self-improvement seminars daily.

TV is limited to one hour, maybe two at the absolute most, right before bed.

I just wanted to thank you all for your support, and I hope you'll continue to be there for others. I know I may need a little support down the track and I hope I'll be welcomed back with open arms again if I'm struggling or things get tough.

My recovery toolbox is chock-a-block. I have AA and NA in place when I need them, I have telephone counsellors at the touch of a button when I'm struggling, I have a fantastic role-model I keep in regular tough with. This guy grew up with my father and came from a very dysfunctional family with an alcoholic abusive father. He suffered through heroin addiction, he fought in war on the front lines, he had an episode of scurvy due to not eating. He's amazing and now he writes for Australian television.

Everyone on this forum has made a difference in my life. I won't be forgetting any of you anytime soon. Closetextrovert, tommyk, grateful2b, Tazman, NewBeginning, Wolfchild, ex D-boy, tyler, Hevyn, Martha, Believe, nogard, littlefish, steamvessel, nelco, Anna, firestorm, littlebluedog, waterfountain, jade, maz, Phaleron, Dee, jada, smacked, lovinmenow, wanttolive, charmain, OZboy, mary, TTSOBT, Classical, eddie. Sorry if I left anyone out, there's just so many of you to thank. It's not intentional I promise.

You guys made real difference in my life. This place is special and I can see it's helped a lot of people out, myself included. I will carry forward the tools and messages I've learned here, and refer any struggling addict who wishes to take control of their life.

I just want to leave you with a few tips I've learned for success.

1. STOP comparing yourself to other people. You should only compare youyself to YOU. Look at how far you've come, where you once were and where you are now.

2. Learn to love learning. As soon as you adapt you learning and begin to enjoy it, you'll be unstoppable. Learn to love the learning process, stop focusing on the end result.

3. Accept everything and take responsibility. Be honest with youself and stop blaming other people. The only person who controls your life is you, therefore the only person who can do anything about it is you.

4. Always seek the next level. Don't get comfortable once you've reached a goal you've set for yourself. Once you reach a goal, set a new one. Continue looking for the next level. In life there are no destinations, just the journey. The only destination in life is death.

5. Surround yourself with positive role-models. Make friends with people that are where you'd like to be, not where you're at or where you were. Your new friends will help you get to the next level.

6. Learn to sacrifice short-term gratification for long-term gratification. This one speaks for itself.

Love you all!
:ghug

Last edited by SillyBilly; 07-06-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, how wonderful you got what you needed.Guess giving some of it back here isn't part of the picture for you. Hope it all turns out for the best.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey SillyBilly,
What is going on, why will you not be posting anymore? Out with it, share!
Have been following your posts and your progress. I'm awake, I'm listening, I'm sober. How are you?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jimbo

oi i get it now your ok ditch the wrecks like me that need support eh ????

ok buddy if thats the way it is good luck in all that you do,we will still be here for you if you need us
Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like Jim said, we'll always be here for you, if you need us.
Good luck Billy

D
Old 07-06-2009, 04:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Silly, thank you for that post. You sound great!!! Congrats!!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you stick around and help some newcomers as part of your sobriety 'workout'. Either way, I wish you the best.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know of your positive progress.....

SR members come and go all the time.
We'll keep a space for you if you return.
Best of luck in your new busy life.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Heathen

Take care!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Sure didn't take you long to get it all figured out!

Good luck to you.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I find it odd that 7 days into your sobriety you feel the need to start chucking tools out of your toolbox...

But we're all different. I wish you the best!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good luck SB, only you know what is needed to stay sober. Step 12 is Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs. Hope you will carry the message and help another alcoholic thus help yourself stay sober.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

The best of God's blessings to you in your journey!
Thank you for helping me to stay clean and for
letting me be part of your recovery process.

The light is always on &
the door is always open.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Heathen

Originally Posted by Chamabama View Post
I find it odd that 7 days into your sobriety you feel the need to start chucking tools out of your toolbox...
But we're all different. I wish you the best!
Thank you for typing what I was thinking!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Focus

Wow... June 11 - July 6. How are you certain you are at a good place with this? Seems quick to make that assumption but I haven't made it that far yet, so good for you.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Sounds like your doing real well billy. Very proud and happy for ya man. Life has so much to offer if you stay sober. Hope you still check in from time to time and let us know how your doing. Stay safe buddy ~~ Scott
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

hey can we not bring out the tar and feathers please people?? God, just be happy for the guy that hes doing well and happy and ready to move on with his life please. Ease down on the bitterness
Old 07-06-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you sillyBilly for your post. I'm only on day 5...sounds like I could use someone like you to help in my journey. I hope you check in from time to time. I can't imagine leaving the SR community now.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Focus

Originally Posted by ex D-Boy View Post
hey can we not bring out the tar and feathers please people?? God, just be happy for the guy that hes doing well and happy and ready to move on with his life please. Ease down on the bitterness
I was one of these people but I am happy for him... sorry.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Well, as I stand here with my bucket of tar, I'll share why I'm about to apply the feathers....recovery is hard. DAMN HARD.

I do NOT want newbies thinking that is a month of hell and you're done. I want them to know there is hope...but you gotta get yourself together. You have to have more in your toolbox than an empty bottle.

Now, if Billy makes it....and I truly do hope you do....I do think that's great! But, to imply it's going to be clear and easy sailing after a month...turns my stomach. And the person I think is going to take the biggest hit, is the newbie.