Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

This is a test.... this is only a test!.. but I think I passed

Old 07-05-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

I wrote my proud independence day moments in the last post. No contact with the XABF, from me to him or from him to me. He had called me 2 weeks ago with the, I want no contact (which I was mostly doing anyway) and then today, of all days he calls my house, and then my cell phone. Not once, but multiple times.

I think I was being tested. I was at a party today, and was having so much fun that I never wanted it to end, and there goes my cell phone. About an hour later I started to listen to the message, and then said FORGET THIS S#@* and hung up the phone, called my house to ask my oldest son if the XABF had called and he said, yes several times, I said please don't answer the phone for him, he said ok and I went back to the fun. When I got home I listened to my message and it was a very sad message. It was only around 2:30 in the afternoon when he left it and he was totally drunk off his butt. Crying, telling me how much he loves me, how much he misses me, and how much he wishes I wasn't so mean. It made me sad for him, but happy for myself to be out of that situation. I didn't call him back, and I am not going to. I can't backslide at this point. What is done, is done. It's time for his bottom to be reached in whatever way he reaches it, if ever.

I thought it quite ironic that he called today, especially after my post.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job! I don't know if I could be as strong as you were today! You have wonderful resolve and willpower. Send some of that my way, would ya? lol.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Freebird...Way to Go!

I don't mean to be flip, honestly I don't.... but are all y'all dating the same man?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So does it feel as good now as it did the first time you got a gold star in school??

It should!!! You've done so well!!!

I'm sorry he's just not seeing the reality of his situation, but we can't lose you to that drama again. Stay strong!!!

Proud of you!!!

Alice
Old 07-05-2009, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gerryP View Post
Freebird...Way to Go!

I don't mean to be flip, honestly I don't.... but are all y'all dating the same man?

Lol!! Since joining SR I often ask myself the same question. The similarities among our relationships is unbelievable!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stay strong, hon! I imagine I will be in this same boat. My and my ex just broke up on Friday. I changed my number and blocked him on email.

I'm sure he will find out a way to reach me somehow. Maybe not this week, maybe not next week, but eventually, I know he'll realize what he lost and try to reach me. I think he probably has my work email address. I'm determined not to respond, though.

He could tell me he was getting sober and is going to AA every freaking day-I don't care. I've heard too many empty promises and now it's me-time. Gotta look out for myself.

Originally Posted by FreeBird09 View Post
I wrote my proud independence day moments in the last post. No contact with the XABF, from me to him or from him to me. He had called me 2 weeks ago with the, I want no contact (which I was mostly doing anyway) and then today, of all days he calls my house, and then my cell phone. Not once, but multiple times.

I think I was being tested. I was at a party today, and was having so much fun that I never wanted it to end, and there goes my cell phone. About an hour later I started to listen to the message, and then said FORGET THIS S#@* and hung up the phone, called my house to ask my oldest son if the XABF had called and he said, yes several times, I said please don't answer the phone for him, he said ok and I went back to the fun. When I got home I listened to my message and it was a very sad message. It was only around 2:30 in the afternoon when he left it and he was totally drunk off his butt. Crying, telling me how much he loves me, how much he misses me, and how much he wishes I wasn't so mean. It made me sad for him, but happy for myself to be out of that situation. I didn't call him back, and I am not going to. I can't backslide at this point. What is done, is done. It's time for his bottom to be reached in whatever way he reaches it, if ever.

I thought it quite ironic that he called today, especially after my post.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sending you some this way! We can do this!!!

Originally Posted by luciddreamrgrl View Post
Great job! I don't know if I could be as strong as you were today! You have wonderful resolve and willpower. Send some of that my way, would ya? lol.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Old 07-06-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

Ya Know

Originally Posted by gerryP View Post
Freebird...Way to Go!

When I first started coming to the boards, I thought the same thing.. hey that woman is with my xbf, and then I come to see that they all are 'mostly' alike. Sad, very sad.

Lucid.. it has been a year, that is the only way I have been able to do that yesterday. I did think about him all night (after I got home).

Alice, thank you. A part of me still hopes he sees the situation and does something about it. The other part of me sees that yesterday is gone and there is no turning back.

sandrawg, you are right he will find you... and yes yes yes.. you have to live for yourself, it will get hard, and then easy and then hard again.. but stay here at SR and you can do it!

bookwyrm..
Old 07-06-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Is there a cloning factory hidden somewhere?
Somehow I don't think Dolly the sheep was the FIRST clone, as it seems there are so many partners and ex's wandering around out there, who seem identical in every way.

SCARY!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeBird09 View Post
.....with an A+ it sounds like!

You go girl!

freya
Old 07-06-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is soooo true! I was talking to a friend of mine I met on SR who's in AA--sober 2 yrs, and he says alcoholism is totally predictable. The way alcoholics behave, the things they say (the excuses, the promises, etc.)...it's textbook!

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Is there a cloning factory hidden somewhere?
Somehow I don't think Dolly the sheep was the FIRST clone, as it seems there are so many partners and ex's wandering around out there, who seem identical in every way.

SCARY!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

LOL

Yup, it was a test, and you passed it!!!!