Notices

trying so hard = 9 days almost slipped (agian!)

Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool trying so hard = 9 days almost slipped (agian!)

I've got 9 days sober, been trying on and off earnestly for the past 4 years to control my drinking (been drinking for 20+ almost daily). Denial has kept me from staying sober becuase I have a great career, beautiful family, awesome wife, yet I should have a million dui's, be dead (a couple times over form various idiotic drunk incidents), in jail (lack of judgement with drugs & alchol...), yet yet yet I'm a high bottom drunk?!?!?.

I almost skipped out of work today and took the ferry home so I could drink (they don't serve beer on the bus (lol)). I got half way to the ferry and and turned around (ate luch and felt better) becuase I listened to my cognitive brain that it would only be a mess later when my wife got home and she could tell I had drank (she get undertsandbly upset becuase I watch my 3 and 1/1/2 year old in the late afternoons after work.) The other day a fellow told me that his sponsor said that little voice telling you to do the right thing is your higher power, I'm starting to listen to it. I've gone to a meeting everyday the past 9 days and it's the only way I can keep it fresh enough in my memory that I can't drink otherwise I feel like a loser. Vicous cycle get drunk feel bad, sober for two days, get drunk, feel bad get sober for two days, .....story of my life.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome & thanks for sharing keitheo :-)

I have just started to talk & listen to my HP again (today). I was somewhat inspired by the TV series "The Cleaner" that I have been watching recently. He is basically an X user that asked for his HP's help when he was on the ropes & made a deal to help other people/addicts/drunks if he survived.. great show!

I actually went to the beach today after exercising & found a quiet spot by the water & talked with my HP... it was great. The waves talked back a bit & I was mindful of not talking too loud or moving my lips lol whispers mostly. My HP was the the glowing sunset & I was asking for help & guidance in all of the tough situaltions that I am currently going through. Felt great!

If I ever head someone talking aloud with nobody around I would have thought they were crazy.... now I am the crazy straight guy on the beach lol.

Here is a great site to watch the series (and movies etc. but dont tell anyone K?) You need to click on the beta link to see the videos & skip some ads that come up (click skip on the top right hand corner)

Make sure you click on "Click here to launch the NinjaVideo Helper Beta 0.3.9" in red.

Dam... that was a long post, thanks for helping me to write about my first time talking to my HP since I was a little kid :ghug

Last edited by Anna; 07-03-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR KeithEO - I think you're on the right roiad - keep hitting the meetings, call those numbers if you need them, and keep shutting out those thoughts

Its not easy but it gets better...

Keep reading and posting too!

D
Old 07-03-2009, 12:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on chooseing sobriety.....
Blessings to you and your family

Welcome to our recovery community.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Keith. I think you will do it this time. Dont worry about the bills. They will never get paid when u are drinking, they will when u are sober.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and you can do this. What a gift to yourself and to your family. You can get well again. Keep on SR and don't drink for the next 24 hours. We'll be here for you.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Keep posting about your progress and Keep Coming Back.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wecome Keitheo! You almost slipped but you didn't, that is the important thing! Keep reading and posting, we're here for you.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

Welcome Keith that was my life to!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"Vicous cycle get drunk feel bad, sober for two days, get drunk, feel bad get sober for two days, .....story of my life."

Dead on, I can relate.