Notices

Up late....

Old 07-01-2009, 11:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Up late....

So I have read 3 books in like a week. That is the most I have read in years. I just finished Randy Paush's "Last Lecture" and it obviously has me thinking a lot about my family and what would happen if I died. I am really happy to say that I know now that since I am not drinking I have lowered the chances of me dying at an early age, unless of course I get hit by a bus or something. The book just reinforced everything I have been thinking about over this last month of sobriety, LIFE IS TOO DAMN SHORT TO WASTE IT AT THE BOTTOM OF A BOTTLE!!! Thanks for letting me share.

Chris
Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Chris - I've been meaning to pick up that book since I saw Randy's lecture (on YouTube, I think). It really is so powerful to be reminded of the short time we get to spend here with family and friends. I began to understand how screwed up my priorities had gotten. I consciously try to appreciate the people in my life and the natural beauty of the world around me more now; to be grateful for what I do have, and to reach out to those who need some support - sometimes as simple as a smile, a hug, even just a friendly hello. Thanks for your post, it helps keep it in the front of my mind.

Shea