Notices

Day 3, and loving it!

Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3, and loving it!

So now is the time for my daily update. I am on day 3 without a drop, and I feel great! I guess everyone's detox is different as I have learned on here, but I just haven't had the withdrawal symptoms. I have been pounding more water and gatorade than I can count, and just trying to flush my system. Drinking tea, taking lots of B6 vitamins and thiamin. I haven't had hardly any withdrawal symptoms. I little headache, and that is about it. I didn't sleep well the first night, but last night I slept better than I have in quite some time. I only woke up twice (that I remember) and feel great this morning. Still a bit tired, but that is about it. No shakes, heacache is gone. I know from some of the posts that people vomited, locked themselves in their room and couldn't eat, etc. I have been active. Working everyday, still seeing clients... went to a bible study grill out my first night. Last night I went golfing with my wife and another couple. The other couple had a couple beers, and I just didn't even have the desire to touch it. They didn't even ask why I wasn't having any. I just sipped on my gatorade and played golf (one of my best rounds ever by the way. I guess without a buzz, you can actually see the ball better? lol)

So, just wanted to give an update. My wife is gone tonight for her book club, and usually I seize the opportunity to get wasted when she is gone, so tonight will be a good test! I am really liking waking up without a hang-over though. Feels goooooood!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Keep up that great attitude.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jimbo

well done to you buddy

i'm on about a month now ,the first week was great then on week 2 and 3 i got a bit lonely but by week four you feel so great you wont even answer the phone to a drinking buddy as you dont want to go to a pub and ruin everything ... well done to you its all goooooood
Old 07-01-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like you found the way for you. Keep it up but don't get cocky or complacent, I'vee wayed to go, Michael right into a slip. For me, this time it took detox and inpatient, I was really far out to sea in dispair and addiction. However, its day 86 now and it keeps getting better and better.

The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change so that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger but in wisdom, understanding and love.-- Jennifer Edwards

Namaste
Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

SOOOO awesome!
It's really fun getting to know you too hun!
Keep staying in touch with me, you send fun PM's hehe
Old 07-01-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on day 3 also. I feel great and feel that this time is going to be different. keep it up. looking forward to a sober 4th, and taking my kids to see the fireworks.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you....
Keep in focus and enjoy your new sobriety