Notices

I need help from central ky friends

Old 06-30-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help from central ky friends

In the morning at the age off 33 I'm admitting myself into a place called the HOPE CENTER in Lexington, ky. I pray someone on here has been there and can tell me what i'm in store for. I have hit rock bottom. i could be there for as little as 30 days till 9 months. I have a severe xanax addiction and i'm even prescibed it. I'm sick whether i'm on it or without and it's been this way 3 years. I've died inside and lost everything, in severe debt, not able to maintain a job, i alos going there for other drug addictions so i'm in for an terrible detox.

I alos suffer from being manic depressive, bi-polar, OCD, and mutiple peronalities. i'm scared to death cuz I have no idea what to expect but I've needed real help for so long but if i don't do something I will certain die. I've been told for 2 years there's no help without money and insurance but I just wish someone who has been to this exact place is reading and can talk to me.

I'm simply a mess and want the old me back that was such a joy to be around. i'm attractive, but have denied any contact with women for 3 years plus the xanax takes away any sexual desire. this place has many programs for addicts and people with mental problems. I know I may hate it at first but it will have to be my home for a long time considering i'm also about to be homeless. Half my family cares but afford to get me help and the other don't care so i'm all alone.

I just want to be around people that i can relate to and make friends. After this ride I pray to be happy, have friends, a woman to love,and a job I can handle. So PLEASE if anyone is familair with THE HOPE HOUSE in LEXINGTON, KY please tell me it's like as I have little time cuz looks like i'll be leaving in the morning.

all I know detox to them will take 7-10 days but I feel longer. after that I don't really know and im scared obviously. So Central KY people if you have been there tell me it's a great place and they truly want to help you...Thank you so much!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never been to Hope House or to Lexington Mike, but I wish you well
Go for it.

Welcome to SR!
D
Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like a really good program. My own opinion about co-occurring mental illness is that once we are are clean and sober for awhile, those problems may not be as severe as they have been in the past. For me that signals hope and a path out of insanity. You are young and have an opportunity to save your life. Best of luck!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you, I just wish I knew what to expect. they can't al be the same. maybe someone from KY will have been there. I hope I can just succeed for a change. I have been a complete failure for 3 years. Thinking about suicide constantly is just plain sick